Little flat spot

jetfish

guys,

i have only just got my 02 ec 300 and it seems to have a little flat spot in first and second gear just before the powerband kicks in. Is this normal on this model?

any suggestions to remedy?

cheers:)

guys,

i have only just got my 02 ec 300 and it seems to have a little flat spot in first and second gear just before the powerband kicks in. Is this normal on this model?

Normal?
I'd say not but it could be simply the way the previous owner liked it setup to exaggerate the hit. It can probably be fixed with jetting. Have a look on the jetting sticky. Could also be a fault. Check for air leaks intake and exhaust, bad reeds, PV operation. Could even be an unusual pipe fitted.

Tear into your carb and let us know your jetting configuration. My guess is your pilot is either too lean or too rich. Perhaps it's your needle.

If I had to guess, the previous owner probably didn't want a flat spot either, so I'd guess there's an obstruction in the pilot jet, so clean the little bugger out and try it.

My bike has a 35 pilot in it, and is very lean on the needle, and it doesn't have any flat spots throughout. That jetting could be richened up to get some more boost at lower elevations, but it doesn't act funny at all.

All those problems sound possible, i am looking at using some chamber seal because there is a discharge from the exhaust. And i will take a butchers in the carb and see what is what.

cheers guys.:)

Same problem

Hope I'm not hijacking, but my 02 EC 300 is doing the same. It seems to have a "sputter" at lower RPM's. Cleans up when you get into it. I just cleaned everything. 40 pilot, 175 main, #8 slide. Needle was at 2 clicks, but just moved it to 3 and it seems to exaggerate the problem more.

jetfish, you having any luck with yours?

guys,

any luck with this one?

big flat spot

hi i have ec300 2004 model i have the same problem but more strong , after lot of jetting without to do nothing i find the solution's , its the carb dimension go to pwk 36 more torque on low end strong on top with the oem jetting 40 pilot needle 3 from top end main 178
i make 1 ring insert on 1mm on the front of carb only 5 eyro end i make the 38 pwk air strike to 36 :D

Back