LTR -1|0|+1 Needle Differences

nsgasser

Just wondering if anyone knows the difference between the LTR -1, 0 and +1 needles that are referred to in a lot of posts I've been reading...can't seem to find the specific differences. Most kits seem to have the 0 and that is a similar needle to CCK? I believe my kit came with the -1 so I am wondering what this is similar to on the Keihin charts or in relation to the 0.

All of the LTR needles are keihin needles. For a 250 or 300 the one he most recently used is a ddk....

The last time I spoke with him he thought an oem yz needle was best in new bikes. See reverup's posts on his setup for details.

Jeff

Ok..DDKs. Mine is an 06 300 but I'd say I got the LTR kit in 08 or 09.

Found the posts from reverup...thanks. Will have to order a few of the yamaha needles and see how they compare.

My friend just gave me a spare jet kit from his new 300 six days with a bunch of jets and a needle. Needle is a CHN...looks super lean. There is also a 115 main jet in the kit. This combo must be for riding on the moon.

Ok..DDKs. Mine is an 06 300 but I'd say I got the LTR kit in 08 or 09.

Found the posts from reverup...thanks. Will have to order a few of the yamaha needles and see how they compare.

My friend just gave me a spare jet kit from his new 300 six days with a bunch of jets and a needle. Needle is a CHN...looks super lean. There is also a 115 main jet in the kit. This combo must be for riding on the moon.

I think the CHN Needle with 115 main jet is to reduce the power for legal road use. You also have to mount the black pipe with inkluded catalysator and exhaust gas recycling and the air reduction plastik behind the air filter

Back