Main/idle jets...are they available at local Japanese dealers?

95jersey

Rather than order from the Gas dealer and pay for shipping, does another brand dealer stock the main and idle for our bikes?

I have a 2014 300

Any mx shop should stock keihin jets

Problem is first thing they always ask me is what bike is it for, and that usually is the end of the conversation. Was hoping I can give them a model number to cross reference in their computer.

It doesn't matter what bike it's on, keihin carbs are fitted to all makes, as long as you know what size your looking for

See the same thing here time after time. Little knowledge, and heavily reliant on the parts fiche.. but you can't blame them.

As stated, Keihin jets are keihin jets regardless of bike.

One suggestion though, is to go OEM Keihin. Aftermarket can have some sloppy tolerance issues.

Most of the good needles can be found on the 2006 RM250 fiche, and pilots and mains are listed on just about every Japanese MX bike.

That being said, I called five Suzuki dealers one day looking for a needle. Another time I stopped at four looking for brass and ended up ordering it anyway.

A few years ago i ordered a selection of jets from one of the large online shops and when they arrived they actually sent bags of about 5 jets for each size i ordered, it was a few years ago so cannot remember which site it was, possibly motocrossgiant

Back