MotoSeat Covers Available for 12s and 13s

I like the stock seat foam, but thats JMO and every a$$ is different.:) I think when a seat is cut on the top with angles like the GG, harder foam is no problem. My '07 by comparison was a hard conventional shape and was tough, replaced that with softer '08 seat.

Glenn: They can be bought all-black single-piece or with panels, color combos with panels, or single-piece, single color. PM me with what you'd like.

Finally finished install of the new seat cover I got from Steve (aka - twowheels)
Made by MotoSeat
Color is all Black and is one piece.

My only modification was to put a small hole in the cover so that I can now install/remove seat from the top...... Yeah Baby !!!

For install I recommend using an Air Stapler Gun. I got mine from Harbor Frt for $25 (good news is that the stapler did not break yet......)

Image00019_zpsa9461abd.jpg

Image00008_zpsdcea6ab7.jpg

seat cover

Finally finished install of the new seat cover I got from Steve (aka - twowheels)
Made by MotoSeat
Color is all Black and is one piece.

My only modification was to put a small hole in the cover so that I can now install/remove seat from the top...... Yeah Baby !!!

For install I recommend using an Air Stapler Gun. I got mine from Harbor Frt for $25 (good news is that the stapler did not break yet......)

Image00019_zpsa9461abd.jpg

Image00008_zpsdcea6ab7.jpg

Seat looks good! I agree that air/electrical stapler is the way to go. I would have been planning a seat cover if I was able to cut foam down...but since I don't think there is room. I will wait until it rips.

Nice work. It looks great. What size staples do you use?

I mainly used both 5/16" and 1/4" staples. I am not a huge fan of Harbor Frt tools but I was surprised how well the stapler did work for this small project.

Originally I did try 1/4" staples in my hard hitting roof felt stapler and it was not cutting it for me. The air gun stapler put the staples in with no issues at all.

On a side note if anyone is interested in converting the seat bolt connection from inside the fender to what I did I would be happy to share. It was super easy!!!

Tried to order from MotoSeat but they were not familiar with GasGas and did not know if they had a template available. I have a 13 EC300 and wish to replace the stock seat cover with the red over black nonskid cover that you show in your post. If you can facilitate this process please let me know what the next step would be. Thanks

Tried to order from MotoSeat but they were not familiar with GasGas and did not know if they had a template available. I have a 13 EC300 and wish to replace the stock seat cover with the red over black nonskid cover that you show in your post. If you can facilitate this process please let me know what the next step would be. Thanks

Contact afterhourscycle.com he has been working with motoseat for GasGas covers.

I mainly used both 5/16" and 1/4" staples. I am not a huge fan of Harbor Frt tools but I was surprised how well the stapler did work for this small project.

Originally I did try 1/4" staples in my hard hitting roof felt stapler and it was not cutting it for me. The air gun stapler put the staples in with no issues at all.

On a side note if anyone is interested in converting the seat bolt connection from inside the fender to what I did I would be happy to share. It was super easy!!!

I'd like to see :D

Was there any change in design from 12 to 13 apart from the seat bolt , is it a little lower

Was there any change in design from 12 to 13 apart from the seat bolt , is it a little lower

The seat height difference 'on-bike' is due to different length pull rods on the suspension linkage - the seat foam is the same thick(thin) ness.

11' seatcover

Yes, I am wondering if the 2011 is much diff than the 12-13' model. I really would like a two tone red/black with the pleats like the motocrossers use.

sign me up if they are available somewhere :)

Seat covers

Got it - shipping out in the am.

This just in - the 2007-2011 seat cover template is complete. Let the ordering begin ...

How do I go about ordering a seat cover? 2011 250, red sides, black top w/ red pleats. is this possible? I will order this week if so

John

Here is what I did to modify my 2012 for the top mount seat bolt.

No means is it the best way but it has worked for me so far. I purchased a Metric Pronged Tee Nut like this.

Pronged-Tee-Nut-with-4-Prongs_zps83e642a7.jpg

[FONT=&quot]I then heated it rather hot with heat gun and also got the plastic area on the fender warm but not too hot to melt it. Once the Tee Nut was nice and hot I pressed it slowly down into the plastic black fender hole... After it cooled I then put a nice coat of epoxy as a secondary bond.[/FONT]

IMAG0038-1-1_zpse146c15e.jpg

[FONT=&quot]I then purchased this kit from motocrosscenter. In Reality you would not need this kit and could come up with your own at the hardware store.

http://www.motocrosscenter.com/ecomm...oducts_id=8583

(This kit includes the bolt, red anodized washer, and a plastic black washer that holds the bolt in place when the seat is removed)

Here is another photo.

IMAG0030-2_zpsd8ac697d.jpg
[/FONT]

Back