My quest for a bike is finally over!!!

memphis2857

I am gonna share my gasgas story just cause it's fun! I have been a Honda guy my whole life. I rode my trusty 2001 cr250 for 10 years before I finally had to let it go it was just completely worn out. I saw a gasgas in dirt rider about 4 or 5 years ago and started joking that I wanted one just because the name was fun to say! Somewhere along the line I got serious about wanting a gasgas but I never could find one near me that would fit my pretty low budget. Finally in September of this year I stumbled on to an 05 ec300. I fell in love the first time I sat on it. That bike felt much like my old cr250 they have a lot of rake and you sit "down in them" if that makes any sense. After my first ride on my brand new to me gasgas I knew I will be on a gasser for life. But I also quickly discovered I bought a worn out bike lol. So I decided I was going to buy a brand new one well the sudden need for a new vehicle eliminated that possibility and I was stuck looking for a used bike again. Oh Joy! I was about to give up and I found myself looking at "cringe" orange bikes. Then today I got lucky and stumbled on to my next bike. It is a 2011 300 race model with only 22 hours on the clock! The guy said he bought it and just didn't like the power so he rode his kdx most of the time! Lol. Can you imagine havin a 300 gasgas and a kdx and choosing the kdx over the gasser. Anyway here she is!
29367e0410c01fe5545e3bd38a9c96a2.jpg
4244eb82aa716437b0c1dcbf7d814dfb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow she is a beauty for sure :) good luck and set a goal to get 22 hours on it in 22 days !

Wow she is a beauty for sure :) good luck and set a goal to get 22 hours on it in 22 days !

That's my next problem. The high for the next few days is in the low 30's! I will probably just sit in the garage and stare at it. Lol

I too have a 2005 EC300 that has been getting A LOT of use in the past year. The plastics are nearly toast (been through several homemade air box cover fasteners, shrouds are barely holding on, frame guards are well worn, etc) and I dread replacing all swingarm bushings soon, so I too am beginning the penny pinching for a new/newer GasGas. I know the purchase process may take some time (maybe 6-12 months for the right one) but I am definitely buying another GasGas... I know my '05 so very intimately now I can't imagine starting over with another brand!

Thanks for sharing, Memphis and AWESOME choice!

I too have a 2005 EC300 that has been getting A LOT of use in the past year. The plastics are nearly toast (been through several homemade air box cover fasteners, shrouds are barely holding on, frame guards are well worn, etc) and I dread replacing all swingarm bushings soon, so I too am beginning the penny pinching for a new/newer GasGas. I know the purchase process may take some time (maybe 6-12 months for the right one) but I am definitely buying another GasGas... I know my '05 so very intimately now I can't imagine starting over with another brand!

Thanks for sharing, Memphis and AWESOME choice!

There are bikes out there but you have to be willing to travel and be patient. Best thing to do is Google how to search all of craigslist then you can search the entire country quick fast and in a hurry!

The silencer will likely get scrapped for a house of hp setup pretty quick. Also where can I get springs for the 48mm shivers? I am 240 before the gear

The silencer will likely get scrapped for a house of hp setup pretty quick. Also where can I get springs for the 48mm shivers? I am 240 before the gear

Are those 48`s or 45`s? Mine were 45`s on my 2011 and it looked identical to your bike.

They are 48's best I can tell. I thought the 2011' came with Sachs or the 48 zokes. I didn't know any came with 45's

Maybe the U.S bikes got all the leftover 45's. The website says six days and standard models got Sachs while the race model got 48's

Race models definitely got the 48mm. Very easy to check. The Shivers have the PFP adjuster on the top (22mm socket/3 pointed adjuster). KYB springs will fit. I can confirm length and diameters if required.

Race models definitely got the 48mm. Very easy to check. The Shivers have the PFP adjuster on the top (22mm socket/3 pointed adjuster). KYB springs will fit. I can confirm length and diameters if required.

Thanks for the info! I am 240 lbs without gear so I will certainly need springs front and rear. I think I will wait on a revalve for now though. Any ideas on what springs I will need to support my fat arse?

They are 48's best I can tell. I thought the 2011' came with Sachs or the 48 zokes. I didn't know any came with 45's

A select few 2011 standards came with 48mm Sachs forks ... nice legs. The majority of the bikes imported were Six Days (actually the infamous 5 Days of Mexico) versions and they had 45mm Zoke Shiver OCs. Late in the year the Racing models were available and fitted with the 48mm Marzocchi PFP forks.

The rider we supported started the season on a Six Days bike and switched to the Racing late in the year on his way to a double D14 enduro and hare scrambles championships.

Can you imagine havin a 300 gasgas and a kdx and choosing the kdx over the gasser.
Yes, I can. Having come from my fully built and set up for me KDX it has been a challenge to adapt to the power of my GG 250. I could only imagine the 300 would be even worse. For some trails, especially hike-a-bike stuff, I would still prefer my old KDX over my GG. However, I'm very happy I switched to GG.

Now, with that said, super sweet looking ride! Congratulations!

Back