New 2013 Christini GasGas AWD 5999?

I wanted one but couldn't get my head around it being a Chinese bike, even though the 2T is a GasGas engine.

Chinese bike?? is this not a gasgas 300 with the Christini kit?? I want it but then again I want everything with a engine and wheels!

Chinese bike?? is this not a gasgas 300 with the Christini kit?? I want it but then again I want everything with a engine and wheels!

No it's a Chinese bike made by Asiawing. The LX450, which is a copy of a CRF450R that they put the AWD kit on. The 2T bikes use a GasGas motor and the 4T bikes go with a Honda CRF clone. It raises a whole host of moral, ethical, and character issues for me regarding Steve's business choices.

3297389216_7552fe248f.jpg

No it's a Chinese bike made by Asiawing. The LX450, which is a copy of a CRF450R that they put the AWD kit on. The 2T bikes use a GasGas motor and the 4T bikes go with a Honda CRF clone. It raises a whole host of moral, ethical, and character issues for me regarding Steve's business choices.

3297389216_7552fe248f.jpg
I'm missing something here or the ad is completely misleading...It states specifically Christini & links to the Christini website as well ???? What am I missing?

I'm missing something here or the ad is completely misleading...It states specifically Christini & links to the Christini website as well ???? What am I missing?

It is a Christini bike, you're missing nothing. He doesn't make them, Asiawing China does. He specs it and brands it and sells it with his AWD system attached.

So do you think the 2-stroke Christini comes from Asiawing with the GasGas motor, or does he pull the stock motor and throw a GasGas 300 motor in it.
Or maybe he's getting the chassis only minus motor and suspension.

I am seriously considering one of these.I personally would like the complete mc be manufactured in the USA but that doesn't seem likely.To me I am still at least in part supporting an American company as it is designed here and I believe the awd parts are manufactured here.

CRF's are a great handling mc so if the geo is close to that it is just a bonus to me.

I believe the 4stroke is made in China but I think the 2stroke is GG with the Christini kit added.

Fastfast, how do you feel about BMW & KTM going to 3rd world countries to get their stuff....i.e. BMW going to China and KTM going to India.

Back