new bod

mattx650

Hi all thanks for letting me join. I have no idea when it comes to forums, no clue how to find the information and if I am posting in the right place, maybe I need a forum forum. I apologise in advance for my incompetence.
Any way I have just bought my first gas gas. A 2008 250 ec. Also my first off road 2 stroke since I sold my DT125. Haveing had many 4 stroke dirt bikes I rode my mates orange thing. What a laugh had to get a stroker. The bike I bought is in average condition, needing a good few consumables has has a top end and replated cylinder 6 hours ago. The bit I need help with is you guessed it, carb set up. It is blowing oil out the silencer. The seller gave me a ktm needle with it, saying this is the needle everyone recommends. I have read tones of posts on carb jetting etc, got no probs with setting it up but just don't know about this needle. Not even sure I need it, as while working on the bike I found the carb to airbox rubber was not on properly, not sure what effect this would have? Touque is what I am after for technical cornish rocky climbs. I will post up the jet sizes when I strip it tonight.

Back