New Gas Gas owner 2011 EC300 supermoto project

Capz85

New Gas Gas owner 2011 EC300 supermoto project HELP

Hi guys I've just picked up my first Gas Gas, the guy included some wheels he had but has never had them fitted up, they are from a Husqvarna 610, I'm missing the sprocket carrier for the cush drive so I'm trying to get my hands on one of those so if anyone has any tips on where to get one that would be appreciated, the rear wheel seems to fit pretty good the axle fits and the disc lines up nice obviously need the sprocket carrier to check what size spacers to get, things don't look so great on the front wheel as the gas gas axle changes to a 25mm where the wheels are 20mm so possibly looking to change bearings to 25mm diameter. I also have a brembo 4pot caliper which will need a bracket and master cylinder and all that, so if anybody has any info on how to get these to fit would be very much appreciated.
Also will be looking at getting a speedo,ignition key and some new plastics and graphics after the wheel ordeal is over:p

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Thanks but I'm trying not to change too much although it's not looking like it's going to be that simple.

just been to a bearing shop and I'm told I can't get get a bearing with a 5mm larger id without getting a larger od, so the simple bearing change is out the window. So now I'm stuck ANY IDEAS WELCOME!!:p
The only thing I'm thinking is to get a gas gas front hub and have the husky rim laced up to that but I'm still hoping there is a simpler solution to this so any wheel geniuses out there HELP!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 21
Think it's 42mm and the guy at the bearing shop Said I would have to have a 47mm od if I wanted to change the id

I have found a hub from a 1998 EC250, but no idea if it would work

I've searched on google and they list 47mm 25mm bearings,what the guy lying to me :mad:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
He is probably just uninformed. Check out McMaster.com. I'm sure you can source the bearings. Just make sure they are sealed and not shielded.

That ebay one looks like it should do the trick.

The motorcross center do a bracket to fit a 40mm brembo caliper. Are you sure it should have a sprocket carrier/cush drive? Most mx/sm wheels just bolt the sprocket straight to the wheel.

Yeah I might try those bearings, only difference is the width, they are 9mm wide where it should be 12mm wide so I might see if they will work.

The wheels are from a husky te610 they do a Cush drive version, I've got a sprocket carrier on it's way now so hopefully try and get the rear fitted up

Bit of an update, got the front wheel bearings changed and now got the front wheel in,will be getting spacers made up and I have a caliper bracket on order for my brembo, also the sprocket carrier arrived and after a clean up it all went together pretty good and fits the bike with the standard husky spacers

Here's some pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 42
Bit of an update, found a caliper braket for a KTM 320mm big brake that works with the brembo,got it fitted today and it all fits good :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Looking good. Is that the 65mm Brembo? Do they do a bracket to fit the 40mm Brembo? I was going to either make one or buy the genuine GG one, but the motocross centre want ?100 (and it's gold!).

Yeah it's 65mm centres on the brembo and 95mm centres on the fork leg, it's from a guy over on the ktm forum Kevin yorks he also sells them on eBay, give him a message maybe he does one for the 40mm brembo, they are ?35

I've currently got the standard 2 pot on a 320mm disc with a bracket i made, but am looking to fit a 4 pot Brembo, similar to yours but with 40mm spacing.

I ended up making my own bracket, as that guy didn't get back to me.
16647530866_d973b2bac5_h.jpg

I've also fitted a 16mm Magura radial master cylinder, because I'm not sure that the standard unit will be up to the job. Just need to get a new hose and it should be all sorted!
16673469705_a305ab49c4_h.jpg

Back