Pic of the day

gasgasman

Super Moderator
Staff member
So, we pulled up to the trail head for today's ride and this mule was roaming around.

My smart a$$ (pun intended) buddy says, "Gas Gas brought out their new 2015 model for a free ride day at the Forest...... ".

We had a good laugh.

10472605_503823483052362_6582212829101761489_n.jpg

the top sign of those three in the left of the pic,would look like the entrance to heaven if they put some around where i live! :rolleyes:
i can hardly imaginge they just let you ride in a forest, let alone show you the way! :D

It looks like it's got a really strong subframe but you might need to brush it every other day.....lmao...(pun intended).;)

the top sign of those three in the left of the pic,would look like the entrance to heaven if they put some around where i live! :rolleyes:
i can hardly imaginge they just let you ride in a forest, let alone show you the way! :D

We don't have those signs down this way - getting lost is just part of the experience ;-)

PS i watched the Swedish EWC and there was a scientist on that saying how good it is to let bikes race in the forest as it turns over the ground like the animals of past used to so has a positive environmental effect - you need to get his number ;-)

So, we pulled up to the trail head for today's ride and this mule was roaming around.

My smart a$$ (pun intended) buddy says, "Gas Gas brought out their new 2015 model for a free ride day at the Forest...... ".

LOL - sounds like you ride with the same type of guys I do :D

Out of curiosity, is that a "wild" mule? We regularly run into herds of elk and tons of deer, but I haven't encountered a donkey on the trail yet....lol.

Great pic :cool:

There is an abundance of Burros in AZ. usually hanging around the Lake Pleasant area. They were becoming such a nuisance to the ranchers in the area that they started shooting them. Which is a bummer, they are pretty cool animals.

I've bumped into the burros out by pleasant while quail hunting. Really cool to watch.

I've bumped into the burros out by pleasant while quail hunting. Really cool to watch.

I ran into a group of burros out at the trails off MM4 and about 12 of them ran the trail in front of me for about 5 minutes. I felt like a burro herder. It was surreal.

As a side note, I saw a Mountain Lion on Arrastra creek last weekend in the Bradshaws. Just lazily loped along the trail for few seconds in front of me before disappearing into the brush. This is the second mountain lion I have seen up there in the past year.

l.

As a side note, I saw a Mountain Lion on Arrastra creek last weekend in the Bradshaws. Just lazily loped along the trail for few seconds in front of me before disappearing into the brush. This is the second mountain lion I have seen up there in the past year.

Crash at your own risk :D

I've always said that when you ride in Arizona everything will bite you, pick you, or hurt when you fall on it ... if not all three.

Crash at your own risk :D

I've always said that when you ride in Arizona everything will bite you, pick you, or hurt when you fall on it ... if not all three.

Haha...yes. We often have riders new to the desert riding here ask "why do you guys run hand guards here? I don't see any trees..." Our response: "you'll see. And DON'T try and pull the cholla ball off with your hands!"

Since the topic has changed, the last ride I did about two weeks ago I was following my buddy down a path and looked up to see his bike on the ground as he ran past me back up the trail white as a ghost - he had seen a 3+m long black mamba crossing the path in front of him

Less than an hour later we had to call the paramedics in to take one of the other riders off to the clinic with a broken leg, wrist and collar bone - he was taken out by a cow

Couldn't find anyone to ride with last weekend! ???-)

Haha...yes. We often have riders new to the desert riding here ask "why do you guys run hand guards here? I don't see any trees..." Our response: "you'll see. And DON'T try and pull the cholla ball off with your hands!"
This spring I was with some friends who were not much into single track riding. Somewhere in the Bradshaws, I can't remember the trail number, one of the guys defected off of a rock and landed standing in about a three foot tall prickly pear. Now he is around 5'10", so you can imagine where a lot of spines went. :eek:

Back