Piston /power valve GP2018

Chris_tian

Hello.

Does one already have problems with the piston ??
Have heard that the original piston should break quickly ??

My kickstarter is very light last week. I have to kick first to get compression and then only half of the way.

My GP has only 30 hours or is it normal with the Kickstarter?

Can you damage the power valve by over tightening? I had put on these too strong and it turned something in the engine but when I look at the drawing can not happen because you turn the crankshaf something.

Greeting

Hello.

My kickstarter is very light last week. I have to kick first to get compression and then only half of the way.

I have no experience with the 18 GP, but the OEM piston in older bikes had good quality. 30 hours should normally be no problem. I replaced my OEM 200cc piston after 100 hours and it still looked OK. Now, my bike is close to 200 hours and a new piston will be put in during the winter service.

OTOH, if you feel significantly less compression after only 30 hours, I would take a look inside to check. These engines are easy to work on.

Hello.

Can you damage the power valve by over tightening? I had put on these too strong and it turned something in the engine but when I look at the drawing can not happen because you turn the crankshaf something.

Greeting

Mine is almost 60h and looking good on compression department, i took out the exhaust and took a look trough the cylinder hole, the piston looked good to go. so i will just change it at about 120h if it dont lose compression until there.

Hello,

i don?t know.... but i try it again and i have good compression. Sorry i thinking too much :D

So i keep on riding.

Attachments

• IMG-20181021-WA0020.jpg
    IMG-20181021-WA0020.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 19
Back