Power valve governor assembly help!

Tman

So I pulled the side cover off my 2012 EC 300 Race to attempt to take the slack out of the power valve actuator (which there was lots of slack in). While I was in there I decided to open up the governor to see if all 6 balls were in there and not worn weird. Now I can?t get the balls to line up to reassemble. It would be easier if I could pull the shaft right out and assemble it upside down (I?m guessing), but I can?t pull the shaft out! I keep pulling on it and it just won?t pop out. Doesn?t look like anything is in the way. What am I missing? Please help. I gatta get this bike back together ASAP. Thanx

I got it. I didn?t realize there was a clip there that locked it in under the crank. All I had to do was rotate it on the open side of the clip to pull it up. I got that all straightened away. Just wondering if I can get away with reusing the old side case gasket. There appears to be no damage to it.

I got bigger issues now haha.
I thought I had a spare water pump cover gasket. I can?t find it. I must have used it before. The old one is ripped. I could just seal it with motoseal, but I?m worried that the impeller will lose its clearance and rub on the cover. Or am I just being paranoid? Has anyone used sealant with no issues? My parts dealer is many many miles away. Like, a day?s drive. Ordering will take too long as I was hoping to have this bike up and going so I could break the new S3 top end in before this weekend.

Just go to your local auto parts store and get a package of gasket paper. They are normally 12"x12" blank sheets of various thicknesses and types. Lay your old one over the paper that matches, trace it, and then cut out a new gasket. Of course, you can use some silicone sealer along with the torn gasket but it makes cleaning it off the next time you're in there a royal pain and it may or may not be fine. Do not use sealer by itself.

Back