power valve linkage

2smokin

Doing the first piston change on my 18 EC 300. when I popped the linkage cover the retaining nut was backed off.

looking at it i assume you thread the collar under the ball off and then you can remove the retaining clip that goes through the ball.

I held the ball with vice grips and tried to loosen the round shaft below it but that doesn't seem to be the way.

possibly need to take the bolt out with the allen head but i dont think that will all fit through the hole and allow me to pull the jug off.

I did check the owners manual and used the search but didn't come up with anything, any insight is appreciated, prob something obvious i am missing.

Attachments

• powervalve linkage.jpg
    powervalve linkage.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 42
or a place to find the actual service manual would prob be my best interest.

i did find a link in one of the forums but i do not have a google account to open it.

thanks

The wire clip just pulls off the shaft then slides downwards out of a pin hole.
Then the arm pops off the ball joint. No need to screw with the nut. I would clean that and loctite it now before pulling the arm off. There is not much if any need for vise grips when working in motorcycles too by the way. ��

I was able to get the clip off and remove the ball. clip was hanging me up, it didn't look like it could pop it off, but after a little prying it came right out.

ya vice grips can be handy tools for certain jobs, but I knew things were not going as they were supposed to. that's why I took a break and came to ask some people who have done it.

with out a service manual it makes it a bit of a challenge at times, ill have to see if motocenter az has one for future work.

thanks!

I have .pdf files for 2002 and 2003 Service manuals.

An 2003 EC300 shop manual and parts manual.

they are between 2.5 and 9MB in size. Doubt I could
upload them to this thread.

Send me a PM with an email addie and I can forward them
to you.

Wish I could get them posted to the web site for everyone
to use.
Jeff

Thanks SS109, that is exactly what I needed! I have downloaded it and will use it on future repairs/maintenance.

have a great holiday!

Back