Premix 1:60

sasa

Hi guys.
I am curious if anyone uses a mixture of 1:60 because I have problems with the bike after 2 hours slow technical riding i need new spark plug i am using motul 800

b.r.Sasa

Likely a jetting problem (or plugged air filter problem), not an oil problem.
If your air filter is fine, try leaning the air screw or change to a smaller pilot jet, and/or, drop your needle down a notch.

Likely a jetting problem (or plugged air filter problem), not an oil problem.
If your air filter is fine, try leaning the air screw or change to a smaller pilot jet, and/or, drop your needle down a notch.

+1 I've run 32:1 with no problems in 90% tight single track for hours, It's all in the jetting.

Hi guys.
I am curious if anyone uses a mixture of 1:60 because I have problems with the bike after 2 hours slow technical riding i need new spark plug i am using motul 800

b.r.Sasa

Reckon you should try using a colder (I think its colder?) spark plug. I had the same problem with mine until I went one different on the plug I think I run a NGK BR8EG. I would try getting the plug right before jetting.
See also thread below

http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10869&highlight=plug

BR8 is the recommended heat range for the plugs. The stock is a BR8EG however people have been using the cheaper BR8ES without any issues. It has a larger tip and imo is less likely to fould due to this.

As everyone else has said though its all to do with the jetting. You are running too rich. If you take more oil out of the mix, you'll have more fuel in the same volume, which will only add to your problem. Ideally you will want to use the oil at the manufacturers recommendations, jet to suit, and then stick with that oil.

Read up on some jetting 101 and go about making some changes. Because you have said its 90% single you'll most likely be looking at the pilot circuit and possibly needle clip/needle diameter.

Also, depending on what year and what carb you are running will determine your best choice of needle. My 2010 model would start loading up within minutes of single track with the stock needle in the leanest position. The diameter in particular was just too rich for the bike and my conditions.

Hi guys.

b.r.Sasa
Stop using Motul 800 it has way too high of flash point (the temperature at which the oil will burn away). The Motul oil is accumulating on your plug and your power valve simply because you are not getting the engine hot enough to burn the excess oil away. The flash point for Motul 800 is 252 degrees. By comparison Maxima K2 is 240, Amsoil Dominator is 198, Amsoil Interceptor is 187, and Champion WP2 ( A very good synthetic blend) is 175. I would recommend Amsoil Interceptor mixed at 50/1 or the Champion WP2 mixed at 43/1 (3 ounces per gallon). If that doesn't fix your problem you have a jetting problem as well as an oil problem.

Back