Question about a needle marking

mconnell

When I bought my 300, the PO gave me some extra jets. One of the needles is stamped "N CH". It doesn't appear to have a digit between the N and the C.

Is this one of the famous N3CH needles and the second digit stamp is just missing? Or, is there actually a needle that is N CH?

When I bought my 300, the PO gave me some extra jets. One of the needles is stamped "N CH". It doesn't appear to have a digit between the N and the C.

Is this one of the famous N3CH needles and the second digit stamp is just missing? Or, is there actually a needle that is N CH?

Not sure but there is a thing such as a NECH and a N3CH (one of the top 3 needles IMO). I would try it, see what you think. The main thing is that if the bike is running well at WOT and at idle but seems to be either hot or cold throughout, then a simple raising or lowering of the needle is all that is necessary.

My bike currently has a JD red needle in it. I just bought the bike last week and I haven't had time to get it out and ride it yet, other than a few passes up and down the street. I was just curious about this other needle since I've read so many positive things about the N3CH.

Back