Race discs front rotor.

jan_b

Just ordered one of these at $60 CAD of ebay. Will post a review once received.

RD039.jpg

http://www.racediscs.com/Products/Brake_discs/Gas_Gas_RD_Discs.html#.U-wDmmd0zIU

They're great. I had front and rear on my '11 for about 100hrs. The front squeals for ages until it beds properly, and the (solid) rear seems prone to wearing very quickly if you don't look after the brakes. But I rated them, and for the price you can't go wrong

I did not like this brake disc. Consumption absurdity of brake pads, changed it for a floating Galfer brake disc (the same model versions Replicas Cervantes) and the problem of wear of brake pads ended.

I put one of these imported from Race Discs Ltd in the UK on the front of my 2007 EC 250 about a year ago and am very happy with it. It was about half the price of any other rotor that I could find available here in New Zealand, bedded in very quickly, has never squealed and shows no undue signs of wear considering I often ride in sandy conditions.

I'm on my second one, they wear at the tips of the waves quicker than the body and eventually create a very strange braking sensation. Can't go wrong for the money though!

The disk showed up quickly. fits well. I've swapped the brake pads at the same time as the disk. Went from stock disk with cindered pads. to this disk with EBC red pads. Brake feel and power seems to have improved. It did take a few rides for the pads and disk to bed in now it works well. First ride I was disappointed in stopping power but it has greatly improved after an other ride so happy with the disk.

Back