Rear brake pedal crossover?

jt633

Does anyone know what rear brake pedal will fit an 04 gasgas for sure? Ive read here kx with mod but doesent specify and ive read kx500 fits just want to be sure will work before i buy my pedal isnt bent at all it just rubs and is very sloppy

I haven't personally done it but I believe late model YZ brake pedals work, I don't think anything is a direct crossover though

Last edited:
I had the same problem on my 08 300 so I had I machined out and fitted two needle roller bearings. I fitted it wit a new inner bush and it works better then ever before.

I fitted a wr450f rear brake pedal, only had to put a few mm spacer between frame and pedal, wind the clevis down to get height and press a spacer in to the frame to suit the wr bolt also streched wr pedal return spring slightly and used that.
End result much better NO slop at all and a pedal that is cheaper to replace stronger and has a better pivot/bearing setup
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info! Just ordered a nice blue tusk one with a brake snake was gonna get hammerhead one but this one was 20 cheaper

Here it is ended up using washers for a spacer ha trouble winding down master clevis
But got it as low as i could

61652415-F4FF-48EE-9B51-80337B117470-21537-0000147015815FDA_zps2cad39fa.jpg

Thanks only dislike was 1. How difficult it was to get spring on and 2 the clevis wouldnt wind down as low as i would have preffered

My Geko brake pedal is slap worn out from all the mud riding this past "winter".

I went ahead and put the 2008 YZF 450 brake pedal on my bike.
Went really easy. The YZF pedal is nice and solid. No slop at at all.

I cut the GG brake pedal spacer to work with the YZF pedal-I used the short piece. This allows the YZF pedal pivot bolt to fit in the GG frame.

The pedal sticks out too far from the side cover.

I lightly heated up the pedal and bent it to where I liked the position.

My clevis is worn out and the threads stripped out. So I went with the YZF clevis. The threads are the same as the GG.

My Geko brake pedal is slap worn out from all the mud riding this past "winter".

I went ahead and put the 2008 YZF 450 brake pedal on my bike.
Went really easy. The YZF pedal is nice and solid. No slop at at all.

I cut the GG brake pedal spacer to work with the YZF pedal-I used the short piece. This allows the YZF pedal pivot bolt to fit in the GG frame.

The pedal sticks out too far from the side cover.

I lightly heated up the pedal and bent it to where I liked the position.

My clevis is worn out and the threads stripped out. So I went with the YZF clevis. The threads are the same as the GG.
Them pegs look nice?? Fastway?

I had the same problem on my 08 300 so I had I machined out and fitted two needle roller bearings. I fitted it wit a new inner bush and it works better then ever before.

Hi, have you got the dimensions of the two needle roller bearings (in,out and lenght)?

Here it is ended up using washers for a spacer ha trouble winding down master clevis
But got it as low as i could

61652415-F4FF-48EE-9B51-80337B117470-21537-0000147015815FDA_zps2cad39fa.jpg

Did you have to trim and re-tap the GG pivot bolt receiver to accept the WR Pivot bolt or does the WR pivot bolt screw right in?

Back