Recommend me a needle :)

Seems like a lot of effort buying a new needle when you can fit a washer half a clip size under it ha. Very impressed as it is ATM!

Don't do this!!!
Okay for short tests but not as the definitive solution.
The needle is no longer wobbly and worn out the sprayer that is not replaceable!

Ps: What do you mean by ATM?

where did you get your needle from mate

Your local bike shop should be able to get needles for you, especially if you go armed with the part number quoted above. Ive just got another Suzuki needle to try from my local Sukuki dealer, they said they can also get me the N3xx Yahamha ones. They're about 15 pounds

I just googled 'n3eg needle' I think mine came from a Suzuki dealer and was cheaper than the ltm part. Of everything I've done to my bike so far, the needle is by far the best!

Put my n3eg needle in with a pj38 and mj178 on 3rd clip and bang the burble is gone.

pops little wheelies with out any throttle and rides the back wheel much easier and that was on the road lol . It feels like a new bike 💪

Cheers for the info 👍

Put my n3eg needle in with a pj38 and mj178 on 3rd clip and bang the burble is gone.

pops little wheelies with out any throttle and rides the back wheel much easier and that was on the road lol . It feels like a new bike ��

Cheers for the info ��

Last weekend I rode mine with the N3EG needle #3, 40 pilot, 178 main. The bike runs a lot better with this needle. I bought a 42 pilot but I don't think that I will need it until the weather gets colder.

Cooling off now with fall coming 10C (50F). Rode on Monday with a 42 pilot, N3CG #3, AS 2.5 turns out. Very strong off the bottom, I run the stock 13 - 48 gearing and had thought about adding teeth to the rear. Not now, it will pull from way down low in 2nd, 1st gear takes a steady throttle hand in the tight stuff.

06 EC 300.

Ok, I'm on 40 pilot, N3EG top clip, and 172 main.

If I run any lower than top clip (go richer on needle) I get loading up issues. 38 pilot loses all low end, feels perfectly crisp and powerful on 40, everything feels perfect. All I really want to know, is what needle will give me the equivalent of N3EG top clip, but in middle clip?

Thanks!!

If I run any lower than top clip (go richer on needle) I get loading up issues. 38 pilot loses all low end, feels perfectly crisp and powerful on 40, everything feels perfect. All I really want to know, is what needle will give me the equivalent of N3EG top clip, but in middle clip?

Thanks!!

Sounds like you need the same profile and diameter, just longer needle. Not sure which character indicates length on the yamaha needles...

Thanks!!

Off the top of my head, an N89G needle,which is the same exact profile as the Yamaha/ KTM N3xx needles will give you 1 full clip position, but there are leaner/ longer L-1 versions of that profile. I'll look at my notes at home for the leaner versions and follow up on this later tonight.

Thanks! So there is no 'just change 1 character' fix then :confused:

No, The leanest version of that profile is an N82x, which is 1/2 clip position leaner than the N89x. Unfortunately the leanest starting diameter I could find was a K, so that isn't of much use to you. The N89G is, I believe still available though through Kawasaki http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detail/kawasaki/KP-16009-1744.html and Yamaha, http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detail/yamaha/YP-4JT-14916-9G-00.html help you out a little.

Last edited:
That thread was a big help to me when jetting my 300. That post refers to the N3CG as being a half clip richer. I understand the CG is actually half clip leaner. Great thread for AS1 bikes.

I've Googled N3GG and it exists, recon this might be half a clip leaner?

In 1/2 clip variations from leanest to richest they are...
N89x=leanest
N3Cx
N3Ex
N8Rx
N2Zx
N4Dx
N3Vx
N4Ax
N6Mx=richest

Back