Reed valve

Thanks for the response guys. I?m located in Hawaii. I just picked up the bike on Sunday. There?s a low to mid range gurgling, no hesitation. The best explanation I can give is if a car was running on 7 cylinders instead of 8. There?s no problem at WOT though. I opened up the carb and found 35 pj, 158 mj, and N8RW needle on the second clip. There?s spooge coming out of the muffler too. I ordered a JD jetting kit. I didn?t get to inspect the reed valves yet. It?s a vforce3 valve. Any info would be a big help. Thanks.

Golly that's a small pilot and tiny mainjet. Never heard of that needle. Put the complete kit in and try it again.

I just bought reeds for the V-Force 3 in my 2011 EC250 from North Tahoe Motorsports on Ebay. Look them up. They've got a kit both with and without the gaskets. I'd highly recommend getting the one with the gaskets, as my gaskets were stuck on and removing them completely destroyed them. The ones on it (I assume stock) were a paper base, while the new ones seem to be a bit more like foam / rubber.

I'm not sure how shipping to Hawaii works, but it was very fast from Nevada to North Carolina. They've got piston and gasket kits, too. (I also ordered those at the same time).

I recently replaced the reeds in my 07. They were wearing thin on the contact area but wouldn't have failed for some time. Have a look at them before you order.

Yeah I?ve been searching on eBay. I found one for $50 with free shipping to Hawaii.

Here's the exact link of the kit I bought (with the gaskets):
https://www.ebay.com/itm/V-FORCE-II...sh=item54295990cb:g:dXIAAOSwpRRWnJOy#shpCntId

I recently replaced the reeds in my 07. They were wearing thin on the contact area but wouldn't have failed for some time. Have a look at them before you order.

Mine were the same. One had a small chip, but overall they still looked fine. That said, I've heard that it's a good idea to replace them anyway every so often, and I suspect mine have way over 100 hours. So I figured I'd replace them at the same time as the piston, and now I know how many hours are on it. I stuck the old reeds in my spare parts box, so now I have some extras should I ever have some unexpected failure.

Well, I got my JD jet kit. Installed per instructions. 38 pj, 170 main, blue needle 3rd slot, air screw 1 1/2 turns out. Reed valves are good. Bike still bogs low end. I?m gonna clean out the carb drain the fuel and try again.🤬

Do you have strict emission/anti pollution laws in Hawaii? Would that explain the strange stock jetting?

My Kawasaki KLX450R which I bought in Dubai was a Californian model, it had a load of kit on it to reduce emissions. It took a bit of work to remove it, but it ran much better afterwards and was a bit lighter too!

Does your bike have a catalytic converter in the expansion pipe? Maybe someone could explain how to identify this if necessary?

All the best, Dave.

Wind the idle mixture screw right in. If it's better you need s larger pilot.

So the pipe isn't black yeah? Often they are either 6 day spec or the dreaded catalytic converter pipe. They run super bad.

Back