Rip 07 450 fsr....:(

BigChina

There comes a time in life when you just need to cut your losses and move on no matter how difficult it is. After a few months of trying to trouble shoot elecrical issues, with brief moments of hope entwined in that time...I have made the difficult decision to part out my loved 450. A few years ago when I was looking for a new bike...I chose the high road, the road less travelled by many in my part of the country...the road that doesn't involved japanese or orange bikes. I chose to buy a gasgas, a brand where service and parts are far and few in between here. Having some confidence that the Canadian distributor is a more phone call away or an 8 hour drive, I took the oath to love and cherish a FSR 450. I ignored the heckling and endured the dumbfounded looks of many over the years when you say "gasgas". The one question from my friends...."what about service? or support?" I ignored them thinking I can probably fix just about anything. I was wrong. What was the pinnacle of technology (fuel injection) has become my achilles heel.
After buying another ecu thinking that was the problem....it wasn't. I have gone over ever inch of wire on the bike, all the sensors, and belive it or not...the symptoms got worse the deeper I dug. I am not spending any more time or money on a steed that I can no longer trust nor revive. Unfortunately even the Canadian distrubutor and 5 different GG dealers were unable to offer any advice, or even have the software to trouble shoot the ecu, they all admitted they know nothing about the 4 strokes. My best help has been a forum member...thankyou quigon for all your help.
And with sad regret....I am offering to part out my 07 450 FSR. It is an electrical problem, so I believe all the mechanical parts are still in great shape. The bike had about 4000km on it. I can't tell now anymore because I can't get the dash to even light up.
So if you are looking for any parts off a 450 please give me a shout. A few highlights of the bike....

- Rekluse clutch (works awesome, I have the stock one too)
- Marzocchi forks (seals all good, no leaks)
- 2 ECU's. (one was inspected (used), the other is brand new)
- Motorsports steering stabilizer
- Force rad guards (indestructable!!)
- Hyde Racing skid plate

Ok.....road a friends Nambotin last night....my faith in GG has been restored. What an amazing bike!! Absolutly incredible.

I'm pathetic....and I've given up! Its being parted. Its sad....almost like giving up on a child. But atleast lots of gg members are getting some great parts! I now have my target set on a 300!!!!!!! That thing was amazing!

Thanks again for all your help Quigon!! Was watching some motoGP in laguna on tv....remembered you were there. Jealous!!

Too bad you couldn't change the intake system for a simple carb, and wire the ignition to work with a regular CDI.

Sorry to hear that mate.. I'm sure it'll be something simple.. Electrical issues on any bike are a pain.. They are every mans nightmare!

Did you start to part it out already?
I have the other FSR 450 in BC !

Yup. Just down to motor, frame, ECU's (yes...I have two!), plastics, rear shock and few other things. Is your running good???

Theres another 07 450FSR up here in the interior too, his is running good...but cant seem to keep the battery charged.

Yup. Just down to motor, frame, ECU's (yes...I have two!), plastics, rear shock and few other things. Is your running good???

Theres another 07 450FSR up here in the interior too, his is running good...but cant seem to keep the battery charged.

So far the only problem I have had with mine is if I turn it off or stall it before it has a chance to warm up it can be hard to start again.
If its cold no problem or if it is warm or hot no problem, just that transition from cold to warm.
Other than that it has been a great bike. I wish I had caught your post earlier, may or may not been able to help....
I hope you recovered some money from that experience!

just a quick update...I have the following parts left from my late steed...

red plastic including headlight
stock and soft seat
radiators
front wheel
speedo
control cluster for lights
air box
fuel tank and fuel pump
frame
throttle body
original ECU
brand new ECU.

shoot me an offer if you're interested!
Thanks!

Just a quick update...all I have left from my steed is the ECU!! and the sparkplug housing thing. WOOHOO! Thanks everyone for helping me part out my bike. I miss my GG like crazy. The last pieces...(frame and motor) went to a fellow GG rider that threw a rod on his 2010 450 in Washington. Let me know if anyone needs an ECU!!!

same thing ?

There comes a time in life when you just need to cut your losses and move on no matter how difficult it is. After a few months of trying to trouble shoot elecrical issues, with brief moments of hope entwined in that time...I have made the difficult decision to part out my loved 450. A few years ago when I was looking for a new bike...I chose the high road, the road less travelled by many in my part of the country...the road that doesn't involved japanese or orange bikes. I chose to buy a gasgas, a brand where service and parts are far and few in between here. Having some confidence that the Canadian distributor is a more phone call away or an 8 hour drive, I took the oath to love and cherish a FSR 450. I ignored the heckling and endured the dumbfounded looks of many over the years when you say "gasgas". The one question from my friends...."what about service? or support?" I ignored them thinking I can probably fix just about anything. I was wrong. What was the pinnacle of technology (fuel injection) has become my achilles heel.
After buying another ecu thinking that was the problem....it wasn't. I have gone over ever inch of wire on the bike, all the sensors, and belive it or not...the symptoms got worse the deeper I dug. I am not spending any more time or money on a steed that I can no longer trust nor revive. Unfortunately even the Canadian distrubutor and 5 different GG dealers were unable to offer any advice, or even have the software to trouble shoot the ecu, they all admitted they know nothing about the 4 strokes. My best help has been a forum member...thankyou quigon for all your help.
And with sad regret....I am offering to part out my 07 450 FSR. It is an electrical problem, so I believe all the mechanical parts are still in great shape. The bike had about 4000km on it. I can't tell now anymore because I can't get the dash to even light up.
So if you are looking for any parts off a 450 please give me a shout. A few highlights of the bike....

- Rekluse clutch (works awesome, I have the stock one too)
- Marzocchi forks (seals all good, no leaks)
- 2 ECU's. (one was inspected (used), the other is brand new)
- Motorsports steering stabilizer
- Force rad guards (indestructable!!)
- Hyde Racing skid plate

Same thing is happening to me now. '05 450 fse.
CPU is fine.......now I have to start looking to fix it.
Hope I dont have to part it out.

Back