Scorpion Racing Radiator frames on E Start

REVERUP

Gold Level Site Supporter
Installed my Scorpion Racing Radiator frames on my 2011 300 E start today.

First of all they are a snap to install. I may have had a bit of an advantage though as I have installed a set on my wifes Yamaha WR 250 F.

If you saw my previous post you will probably remember I almost did not get these as I was concerned about clearance with the E start. I also was worried to do maintenance on the E start could mean having to pull the left side outer frame of the guard as it sticks out toward the starter.

If you were also concerned, DON'T BE! There is plenty of room, and if anything the portion of rad frame sticking out back toward the starter is a good thing as it actually looks as it may offer some added protection to the starter.

These things are thick yet do not add much if anything to the width of the shrouds sticking out once installed. They have machined recessed areas for the stock rubber grommets to suck down into to keep the radiators close in to the bikes frame like stock.

Not only do these add major strength to your radiators from side impacts, they also add to the bikes bling with the etched Scorpion in the lower portion of the aluminum.

I have not put these to the bike throw down test yet. But my wife certainly has thrown the Yamaha down many times, and her radiators look like the day we bought it. I'm positive these are as every bit as tough.

Roscoe

RadFrames002.jpg

RadFrames003.jpg

RadFrames006.jpg

I just put a set on my 2011 ec300 e start-no problems at all with installation or clearance.A very nice product for a nice price-they seem much sturdier than the Devol units i had on my KLX450( Devols bend by the way).

i've also got a set on my e start. they do hold up well in tip overs,and sliding crashes on 2 track jeep roads in 6th gear. rads are still perfect. these guards meet or exceed the cactusreid burly test!

Good to hear,I have a favorite rock garden trail that eats radiators,my true test- but it's not open yet due to snow.

Installed mine today and once I figured I had to lose the lower grommet they fit fine. I assumed the big cut out in the bottom was to allow for that, but it soon became obvious the grommet had to go. Some pics would have been good with the directions. I love pics! :D Otherwise I agree pretty simple to install.

What did you guys do between the lower shroud bolt and the outer bracket? I've got about a 1/4-3/8" air gap in there I'm thinking about putting a nylon spacer in. Seems it needs something to torque the screw down against to keep tension on it. I assume you must have had that as well.

edit: looks like maybe reverup just torqued yours down?

Same deal for me. The only issue I have is that the bolt kit did not have the right combo of bolts. Other than that I like the way they fit, look, and function as well.

If you get on scorpions website they have good directions on there, as well as pictures. You should be able to just tighten the lower schroud bolt right up against the rad. brace. It is a little out of line but it will pull up. I've thrown my bike down quite a few times in the rocks already and haven't bent a rad. yet. Very good product. Ross

I put a nylon washer in that gap- works just fine.It does snug up better with the washer.

By the way these fit 01' on up according to the website. Just mounted up a set on my sons 02' 250. I'm impressed,these scorpions are burly! Only issue was not much daylight between exhaust pipe and lower right radiator guard,bench grinder took care of that. Havent mounted mine yet on the 05' 300 but eyeballing it there is much more room on the 05 tween pipe and radiator. Much beefier than the crd's I;ve straightened numorous times and are now broke.

I also removed lower grommet and used supplied bolt directly into threaded hole in guard per instructions-cinched right up.than I tightened the two upper mounts in tank. They all lined up as well as they usually do.

I also took note of the small clearance between the Scorpions and the pipe. I have about 1/2" between my P3 guard and the outer bracket. I'm thinking it will be fine since the guard is there. Scorpion could probably have left a bit off the bottom of the guard and still been fine.

I ended up using a 1/4" nylon spacer on my bottom shroud bolts after installing the Scorpions. It was the perfect size, allowing me to torque the bolt down and not kink the shroud.

I know it doesn't look quite as good but I use a zip tie to secure the bottom of the shrouds that way when they get caught on something the shroud doesn't get damaged.

reviews???

Anyone else dropped their bike and stayed damage free??/
I need new braces, whatever brand is on my 250 bent today on light impact
I crashed alot today ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I like the look of these they look tough
So any other thumbs up?

Back