Someone clear this up

Upyourkiltbatman

Ok I have read through pages to try and make head of this , a lot of people have spooge , some don't , I need to know what is the balance were trying to get , is a richer running bike putting out more power than a leaner running bike , so are we aiming to get the bike as rich as it can be without loosing tickover and bottom end crispness , I'm just starting to play about with the jetting and bike feels ok but have no comparison , I've a 2011 xc 300 n3eg 40 p 180 main , someone give me a little guide please

You are looking to have your bike jetted for the correct air fuel ratio for your specific bike. Neither rich or lean. Having your jetting set on the rich side is safe and prevents you from burning up your engine. Lean jetting has ridabilty problems with surging and flat spots or bogging. To me your pilot size looks a little lean and your main looks a little rich.

Spooge is a result of running rich jetting and it can result from using a premix oil with a high flash point. I know when we use Klotz R50 and if we don't ride the bikes hard they make lots of spooge.

Ok I have read through pages to try and make head of this , a lot of people have spooge , some don't , I need to know what is the balance were trying to get , is a richer running bike putting out more power than a leaner running bike , so are we aiming to get the bike as rich as it can be without loosing tickover and bottom end crispness , I'm just starting to play about with the jetting and bike feels ok but have no comparison , I've a 2011 xc 300 n3eg 40 p 180 main , someone give me a little guide please

Id say thats a pretty good summary of the overall goal for a majority of riders.I like crisp and rich with less mess.
Isnt always easy to get there.Weve got our hands full with getting a 300 dialed.I actually got sick of the bike and parked it for a few weeks.Been doing a lot of riding on another bike.
I think sometimes its good to just walk away for awhile.

BTW, that is the exact jetting we had in the bike this last go around, Im still not happy with the bike.
I had planned on setting this bike up for the Devils Head hard enduro but Im not sure now.

So is that the same needle as well ? , I like the bike in the woods but just feel like I could do with more grunt nearer the top end , I have got a bit of serging on after long straights and hills , could I adjust this just by the air/ fuel screw ? Or shall I try going down a notch on the needle ?

Yeah n3eg and number 7 slide.

The 300 will sign off early.It will pull to a point and then its done.No over rev at all.
So if it is pulling hard and crisp from the bottom well into and through the midrange then you are probably very close.I dont just evaluate jetting by crispness, grunt and throttle response but also how the bike behaves when the throttle is chopped.I want the bike to shut down immediately.It should have an on again and off again electric feel with some bark.If its surging then it is a little lean.Their are better Gas Gas Gas300 tuners in here then me.I havent found all the cures.
The guys I know that go fast on the 300 gear them high and short shift them.If you gear the 300 too low then you take the bite out of it.It needs to pull long and hard through wider gearing since it will only rev so far.
Gear higher and jet accordingly.

Back