Spark plug/ lectron power jet advice

Capz85

Hi all after my recent engine issues its all back together and running but I do still have some problems which I'm hoping can be sorted

So I was getting slight detonation under load like up hill or half throttle to wot so I've been adjusting the power jet and it's been improving but I feel like I've made big adjustment to these, power jet is now 2 1/2 turns out and metering rod has 1 full turn richer although I don't think the pilot circuit is the issue here it's mainly at the top

I added 100ml of silkolene octane boost and a br8eix and the bike felt noticeably better,after 30mins I checked the plug, the electrode looks like it's been hot, should I try a br9eix? Or should I be looking to keep richening the power jet or rod?

I have another rod 3-2 xl maybe I should try that

I've added a pic of the plug

Ahhh this bike :confused:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 28
No I haven't done this

But I have had a mess with the carb and ran it with the br9iex and I can't get it to ping anymore, does have a slight sputter as it opens the pv but hardly noticeable, will try a couple more adjustments

Also I got it wrong I have the 3-2xl in and my spare rod is the 2-3xl, anyone used this?

Last edited:
Back