spooge problem

dirtrider0129

I recently bought a 2003 DE 250 and love the bike, but I don't love the spooge that it dribbles out. It's running a CCK needle with the clip at the second position, 178 main, 42 pilot, and running 44:1 using klotz R 50. Temperature has been around 70-85 degrees. The bike runs fine with just a little stumble at 1/8 to 1/4 throttle (previous owner said to drop pilot down to a 40) and the plug is a medium brown almost a light brown color. Is there anything that I can do to reduce the spooge? Thanks

You might want to clean out the left side p/v cover. Remove the cover and clean out all the"stuff". Then I would re-pack the muffler. With the p/v cleaned out, repacked muffler, run some plug chops and go from there. There is SO much jetting info on this site your bound to find what your looking for.

Good Luck

My bike has been running great. I noticed the other day I was getting a lot of spooge, I also noticed when leaned the bike up against a tree the carb was pissing. It's fine when straight up but leaks like whore when layed over.

Looks like I need to change the needle and seat then do the float height.

Hmmmm I have noticed a good bit of spooge.

I thought it was just the old spooge it's way outta the pipe, but maybe my float wasn't as perfect as I thought it was. The bike rips either way.

I'll check my float height. when I bought the bike last week, I took the bowl off to see what the jetting was, and the needle and seat looked almost brand new, but I didn't check the float height. I'll do that and report back with my findings.

Mine spooges depending on which kind of oil I'm running. Spooges quite a bit when I run Maxima Super-M, some using Ams Dominator. I switched to Maxima Castor 927 and my pipe is dry as a bone. No other changes were made but all situations on a freshly packed muffler. I don't think it matters either way as long as your bike is running good. If you've been putting around on singletrack for a ways your exhaust is likely loaded up a bit. Get on a fire road and open'er up for a whiskey tango cleanout.

I checked my float height and it was at about 20mm. I bent the tab until the float height was about 16mm. I took it out for a half hour ride in my back yard and it didn't hardly spooge! :rolleyes: :D I like it when a simple fix solves a problem.

Back