Tall man trials bike

lankydoug

I'm thinking of getting a txt250 or 280 Does anybody have any recommendations for a 6'6" guy, like what model or brand is best for tall.

9BI5YTO8k.jpg

I have a 07 TXT 280. Great bike. I believe the ergonomics on most Trials bike are pretty well the same...not 100% on that. But I have ridden a few different brands. I'm 6' and find it uncomfortable standing for a long time with my neck bent try'n to see in front of me.
If you are think'n of just competing maybe it wouldn't be so bad, ride a section get off then walk a section etc... I like to ride for hrs at a time kinda hard on the neck.
I guess you could look for taller bars but I just made some risers for mine. Started off with 2 1/2" X 1/2" aluminum stock from a local welding shop and went from there.

Trialsbarrisers1.jpg

Trialsbarrisers2.jpg

Trialsbarrisers.jpg

I bought tall bars and low pegs for my EC200 I figured I'd do the same for my trials bike when I got it. I like your bar risers. Did you have to redo the brake lines or throttle cable? I'm hoping the low pegs that are also set back will give me extra room for my size 14 boots to shift and brake.

Back