Throttle sticking on EC300 2007

Malcolm

Hi Guys

Please help , I have a EC300 2007 and on occasions the throttle will stick. I have had the bike for about 3 years and this happens every so often, The Throttle cable is new and sound great when you open and let it close on it's own. I have found on stripping the carb I have a little amount of dust on the back of the slide. I always run a very clean air filter and apply grease around the seal were the filter seals. The carb is insatteld as it should be, no air gaps ect. The top vents are routed into the air box and there are no pipes on the side vents. Please help

agreed on the cable routing. I just had mine stick and that is because I put it in front topside of the enduro computer rather than below the enduro computer

My 08 has done that a few times. The first time it happened it caught me off gaurd and ran me up a tree. Be careful and keep an eye on it.

I now make sure I have the clutch lever covered when I ride as much as I can.

Mine hasn't happened in awhile , I dont know if I fixed or not. The manual says a dirty airfilter can cause it (inhaling grit). So take care to keep it clean and greased and sealed good.

I also saftey wired my cable were it enters the throttle in the rubber boot.

me too

2 times in about 3 years not stuck wfo just 1/3 throttle .took a spill the other day and the first time because of it. Checked threads today.I did a big deep water crossing (almost didnt make it!) and a few small ones on the other days ride. Dont remember details of the first time .
Going to kevins cycles this week to get vent kit .Hope its a cure
Going to take carb apart too ,look for any debris.
Stoby

Thanks for the replys, now that you mention it ,it did happen after deep river crossings. I did check cable routing and even replaced the cable. If you turn the bars the revs stay exactly the same.What type of filters must I buy and which pipes must have them on. This has happend twice in the last race the last time I couldnt kill the motor as the kill switch didnt seem to work. I had to sellect 6th gear , hold the brakes and drop the clutch. Guys this is scary as it is unpredictable.

Something like these little filters is ideal for vent hoses. Not sure how easy you will find something like this in South Africa.

http://www.kevinscycleracing.com/intakeandcarburetor.htm

VHinlineFilters.jpg

A stuck throttle is scary and hazardous to your life.

I securely safety wire both ends of the cable so that the cable cannot be pulled out.

I drill a small hole in the throttle housing and in the cable end fitting and run safety wire thru these holes so the cable is positively secured on the end. The trick is drilling a small holes along the edge at an angle so it does not get in the way of the cable.

On the carb end, I use a washer with a small hole drilled near the edge. I put the washer under the throttle cable fitting nut.

No more stuck throttle for me in over 8 years.

In the past I used safety wire to secure the cable to the throttle but I found out tape works much better. Electrical tape wound around the cable adjusters and the cable end keeps the cable locked in and keeps out dust. A bonus is that you always have a piece of electrical tape available for on the trail repairs.

2 times in about 3 years not stuck wfo just 1/3 throttle .took a spill the other day and the first time because of it. Checked threads today.I did a big deep water crossing (almost didnt make it!) and a few small ones on the other days ride. Dont remember details of the first time .
Going to kevins cycles this week to get vent kit .Hope its a cure
Going to take carb apart too ,look for any debris.
Stoby

Like this -

http://devongtrf.activeboard.com/t41933404/carb-vent-filter-kit/

Biff

Had sticking throttle problem on a EC200 -10
I think it was cused by a missing locknut on cable end attaching to carb top.

Check cable freeplay.
Too much can cuse the cable to snag inside throttle house.
Check throttle tube for scratches and polish to get smooth edges

Back