Took the plunge!

Picking up my first Gas Gas, a leftover EC300, on the 22nd. After 30+ years of running Japanese MX bikes offroad it is exciting to get something that is built for that purpose. I'm too old and don't ride enough to every touch what this bike can do but I am not getting any younger and time waits for no one. :D

Before I bought my 2011 Gasser I felt the same about the Japanese bikes.

I love my 2011 GG,

DSC02564_zps8c10c9bb.jpg

This is the Kx that I was riding before the GG purchase. It was a great bike it didn't turn like a Gasser,

DSC00771_zps47a1276e.jpg

Before I bought my 2011 Gasser I felt the same about the Japanese bikes.

I love my 2011 GG,

DSC02564_zps8c10c9bb.jpg

This is the Kx that I was riding before the GG purchase. It was a great bike it didn't turn like a Gasser,

DSC00771_zps47a1276e.jpg

Very nice! I like the Kawi as well. I've had a number of Kawasaki bikes and they still remain my favorite of the Japanese brands. Unfortunately, their current off road line up offers nothing I could use since I don't race MX and have no interest in four strokes. Good thing for dinosaurs like me there are a few Euro brands that get it.

I like the old PEs too. Here is a YZ that I restored,

Dig it. You respected the era but put a little twist with the black rims. Funny you posted that because a year or so ago I was looking for a 465 to do a refresh only with the white and red Euro livery and black rims. I ended up with that look only it is a 2013 Gas Gas. Worked out well for me.

I rode a 1978 YZ250 all through high school in Montana.

Your restoration is really nice looking Moto7man.

What year and model is it?

Should be here next week! I also talked one of my friends into buying the 2012 xc300 demo that Clay posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should be here next week! I also talked one of my friends into buying the 2012 xc300 demo that Clay posted.

I couldn't talk my friend into any euro bike, even if you gave it to him. He's still stuck on the idea of seeing a bike on the dealer floor. And the hopeless notion that the dealer has parts in stock, even though every time he goes down there they have to order it. He does however brag to others about how well my bike handles and steers, but won't buy one himself??

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

Most dealers can't afford to stock parts, whether it be Japanese or European .

I couldn't talk my friend into any euro bike, even if you gave it to him. He's still stuck on the idea of seeing a bike on the dealer floor. And the hopeless notion that the dealer has parts in stock, even though every time he goes down there they have to order it. He does however brag to others about how well my bike handles and steers, but won't buy one himself??

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

My friends are the same way. If I want certain bike I'll track it down. The only way my friends will buy one is if they trip over it on the showroom floor.:confused:

My friends are the same way. If I want certain bike I'll track it down. The only way my friends will buy one is if they trip over it on the showroom floor.:confused:

Friends like that are why companies like KTM are so successful with there marketing dollars. They are also the reason companies like Gas Gas get such a bad rap and sell so few bikes. Because they listen to what the magazines tell them instead of researching them themselves. They are very bad friends;)

Back