TuBliss Testimonial

twowheels

Ran the Jack Pine today, woods were tight and nasty, with lots of little stumps just where I wanted to put my tires :mad:

Finished the last timed section to find that my rear tire (TuBliss equipped) was flat, flat, flat. The good news was that the tire was still firmly on the rim, and at least I had something to blame my score on ... now to find the problem. No needles or thorns, no sidewall slices.

It turns out that the core of the valve stem on the main (tire) chamber had worked itself ever so slightly loose allowing the tire to go flat - nevertheless the tire was still on the rim and with a tighten of the core and some fresh air the tire assembly is as good as new (and certainly better than the guy with twenty zip tires holding his rear tire to the rim)

I raced with mine yesterday and it was great. Air was at 6 PSi just like I had set it weeks ago, so no leaks. The MT16 hooked up good considering the horrendous rain and mud during the event. I'm going to get one for the front and for my other wheel with a trials tire, I'm sold.

I raced with mine yesterday and it was great. Air was at 6 PSi just like I had set it weeks ago, so no leaks. The MT16 hooked up good considering the horrendous rain and mud during the event. I'm going to get one for the front and for my other wheel with a trials tire, I'm sold.

but i am sure the inner core was not still at 100psi? That is the only pain with using tubliss, (a small negative against huge benefits thought!) is you need to always check that the inner is pumped up properly, usually about 3 pumps on my bicycle foot pump after not riding for a week and it is good to go

It was over 100 PSI, but I used a 12V electric compressor and the gauge may not be as accurate. In any case its fine. I just made up a special filler adapter for the inner core, with a better gauge and a schrader connector with a separate pin depressor (like what is used for shock pressurization) so no air is lost in checking pressure.

These things are great, especially in rock country where all tubes are a liability. One less thing to worry about. No slime here, I can see that being fun at tire change time and in the last few years I have only cut one tire and that was a Michelin X-11 with a very weak sidewall.

Good thing about tubliss is it does not matter if you get a flat tire you can keep going.:)

Down this side of the world we have some serious thorns, and a bit further north i know guys wh have had a torn actually go through the tyre and puncture the inner core!

The other problem has been rocks cutting the sidewalls (obviously slime will not work here!) so now the local agent is recommending Mitas tyres, and so far so good!

I am also a tubliss convert, one ride so far...and I'm sold.
It was a snap to install... way better than a UHD tube and 2 rim locks.
What I liked is it keeps the water out, I ride in wet conditions and every time I removed the tire it was full of this black sludge...I noticed that my rim was starting to etch in places, which would have started to blister over time.
I plan to get one for the front.

I am also a tubliss convert, one ride so far...and I'm sold.
It was a snap to install... way better than a UHD tube and 2 rim locks.
What I liked is it keeps the water out, I ride in wet conditions and every time I removed the tire it was full of this black sludge...I noticed that my rim was starting to etch in places, which would have started to blister over time.
I plan to get one for the front.

What I liked is it keeps the water out, I ride in wet conditions and every time I removed the tire it was full of this black sludge...

+1, good point

A mushroom plug for a tubless sport bike radial works good for plugging the unused rimlock hole.

Once the tire is seated the inner core tube will work fine as low as 75psi. I keep mine in the 90psi range but don't sweat it if it goes down a bit.

I also think they have a new lower torque spec for the rimlock as well as a new design inner liner block to prevent chafing on the small tube. Call and ask as Jeff at Nutech is awesome with customer service.

new Tubliss user

put one in my 300 a few weeks ago needed new tire so figured try it out as i hate tubes (installing em anyway)Pretty easy install and i foresee future changes should be a snap.put on with a trials tire. 3 weeks so far so good
Stoby

I've got about 50 miles or so on my front Tubliss with an M59 @ 9PSI. 30 miles today in the rain. Totally awesome, wet rocks, dry rocks, dirt, like Velcro on all. Great tire so far with the Tubliss. Whats interesting is that even at the low pressure, I have no black marks on the rim like with a tube at 10 - 12 PSI. Backs up their claim about rim protection.

is anyone using these on trials tires?
i run trials and they work great because of the flexibility.
can a knobby 'become' like a trials tire since the pressure is so low thy can conform to the terrain?
i appreciate your replies...

I will let you know soon as I'm going to set up a wheel with a Mitas ET-01 / Tubliss. The Mitas is a great trials tire for a woods bike @ 7-8 PSI as the profile is round not flat like most others and the sidewall is stiffer. It's biggest flaw is grass tracks but they all suck at that. I agree with stainless, a good knobby/Tubliss with 6 PSI works great and trades some trials tire adhesion on technical rocks for much better cornering. The compound on the trials is just much more sticky. You really need two wheels set up, one each way, and choose for the terrain.

Anyone here go from using bibs to tubeliss? Im a bib user but thinking about converting for easier tire changes. Are they as bulet froof as a bib?

the bib is the most bulletproof. even worn out they still work. i think the only thing that can go wrong on a mousse is they can overheat at high speed..and they wear out.. i don't think tubliss has been tested long enough to really know longevity, but i'm sold on them. i can change tire pressure when i want. something not easy with a mousse... and the tubliss is consistent, the mousse slowly breaks down and becomes too soft - and out comes the duct tape....

so far in SA the tubliss/mitas system is proving to be bullet proof. other brands of tyre were prone to sidewall cuts making the mousse the only option for those chasing titles.

Although there are serious rumours about despress and coma running tubliss for the Dakar this year, although due to their contract with michellin (i think) they cannot say anything about it.

If you remember Marc coma's incident with the tyre changing you will remember that he had a flat with a sidewall cut, that should not have been a problem if running a bib, but bib + desert heat + high speeds mean that bib does not last long

Anyone here go from using bibs to tubeliss? Im a bib user but thinking about converting for easier tire changes. Are they as bulet froof as a bib?

I know of two racers who both had front tire slash cuts during a race ... instant flat tire ... race over. only bullet proof set up is bibs. Although my bridgestone ultra heavy duty tubes haven't let me down yet ...

Back