We need a sticky for 4-stroke owners

Why Z?

Being a new FSE owner and far, far away from the nearest GG dealer, I think it would be helpful to have a couple stickies on this forum.

I have some ideas for ones that should be a sticky:

1) Blue/Yellow wire thread : this issue took me a while to figure out, when I did made a world of difference . I found some info on here but it was kinda confusing. I wish I had known, disconnecting this wire should have been the 1st thing I did

2) (related) a fuel mapping thread (for those of you guys who know our settings) and whether you have this wire connected .

3) a crossover parts thread specifically for 4-strokes - what parts work and which ones don't.

For instance, on my bike the XR 650 oil filters (rings are a bit different)
Everything else I really have to dig for - and not all the parts on the general crossover list apply to 4 strokes. This is especially important for us 4 stroke guys since they are so rare . For instance I just ordered a fan kit for my bike and it had to be ordered from Spain (took a month). If I would have known I could have used one off of a DRZ or XR or whatever - would have saved me a lot of waiting!

Any other ideas? Those are just a few that have been on my mind that would make being a GG owner much easier especially just staring out! Share your ideas!

Back