What happened next??

Jakobi

Super Moderator
Brap_zps34ae6b72.jpg

It's not looking good. I'm with mark that bike drowned. That 'creek' crossing has some serious flow about it.
Should of hit it 4th gear WOT, I've seen people aqua plane across water that way :D :lol

I can tel what you did after :p . You drained the crankcase using that strange screw on the bottom of the engine no one knows why is needed for. Did you get to use it ? :p
Brand new bike...she's already drowning on the pic...did you guys come out safe and sound ?

You all need more faith!!

Brap3_zps6df08ea8.jpg

It wasn't pretty!! Took a bit of ass pucker and some steering adjustments, and maybe even a quick readjustment with thanks to the trusty spotters.. but we came out engine still running..
Heres the vid - Zero points for style. (not sure if my mates set it for public access/facebook)

If it was me, I'd tell you exactly what happened next. Me and my bike would be going back up that road :-) .

First up in the morning we were greeted by this..
1601275_786804911348432_2091115861_n_zpsfe269d6a.jpg

After 10-15mins watching and waiting for the others to arrive it went up 200mm and was still rising.
1888539_786804844681772_373722455_n_zps4b055d9e.jpg

We turned back and went around another way (over that river on the hwy bridge). Down another road and greeted by this..
1010618_786804821348441_764569069_n_zps7aed4c54.jpg

Back tracked and shot down another road trying to get into some pine forest to smash some tight sloppy singles. Again..
1497422_786804788015111_2084932379_n_zps8d3780f8.jpg

Came back the way we went and rode some pines in an area they've logging. The place was a mess but loads of bog holes, churned up mud, fallen logs etc to play around in/on. Was a bit of a free for all and pumped out a few laps while a couple dewatered a ktm. Lots of roosting anytime anyone got hooked up on things. Sections felt like riding up/down rivers. Great fun, but even half the normal trails in that forest were flooded out and unridable. Moving towards lunch time the only logical thing to do was make it to the pub for a rum can and a BLT with chips!

Decided to link in another section of trail which was also quite moist and great fun back towards Gregs house for another cold beer! Of course, just before linking back on to the main road we hit that small creek. I could have turned back and gone home but then would have missed out on the beer ;) T go around the other way would have meant linking up a load of bitumen and a stint down the hwy. Plus, you need to challenge yourself sometimes!

Funnily, for a while there, we were actually considering having a go at crossing the first river! Glad we didn't! There would have been no way back!

I could have turned back and gone home but then would have missed out on the beer ;)

Ahh...now that's proper motivation :cool:

Great pics Jakobi, I'd rather have the over saturated stuff than what we were hit with this past weekend - snow storm essentially killed riding in the coastal range until the spring melt :(

And Krasi...fantastic comment...LOL.

Back