where do i get this 1 gallon fuel jug/dump cans

stainlesscycle

Site Sponsor
i am looking for this specific jug - 1 gallon size. anyone know where to get them?
i assumed it was a go kart jug, but i cannot find one just like this. i have a g-man 3 gallon which is awesome - but it's design doesn't work on my tank with the very small filler/inset cap...

fueljug.jpg

thanks, but not gonna work. i need it to have a center exit neck. and fast flow. the gman dumps amazingly fast, but since the filler neck is on one side, it starts emptying before i can get it into the tank. i also have a 5 gallon vp style jug, but that's ridiculous to use, slow, and messy.. i was gonna modify the 3 gallon gman with a flex hose at the end of it, but it would be a lot easier if i could just find the right one...

i've done all the google searching i can, and cannot find anything like the one pictured in 1 gallon size... i only need 1 gallon - 2 hour races with a total of 3.5 gallons (2.5 tank + fuel stop) would be just right.

Last edited:
Could you use that 2.5 gallon can That Skidad linked to and only mix one gallon of fuel in it ?

more than likely there not DOT compliant....just a guess. My local shop sell the plastic 5 gallon jugs, without the spout.....non DOT.....but I'm in the land of fruits and nuts! :D

yeah, there's lotsa ways to skin the cat - valve/tube/etc. i was hoping for a small and simple solution - spend $20 and be done with it. no messing around with it. i also didn't want to spend $45 on another gas can...

i'm sure the pitcan is not dot or carb legal in any way. none of the ones that work well are :)

that gman 3 gallon is the best can ever - dumps 3 gallons in 15 seconds. but i'd have to put a hose on it to fix the alignment with the gas cap - that would slow it down too. not like i'm a nascar pitstop guy - i usually take a few seconds to change goggles, and maybe gloves. the break is nice - i just want one less thing to think about. i could make a pvc dump tube, that's superfast, but it's way too over the top for me.

Stainless,

I just saw a guy today with one made from PVC pipe. Heavy I'm sure but looked functional. Not sure of the chem compatibility, would have to check that.

Back