Why is my bike going to rich

Larsa

I have a GasGas 2013 300 racing and I lives in Sweden on sea level and today it was cold about 7C 44,6F.
My jetting is throttle 7 org low speed 35# main 172# needle N1EG clip 2 from top. But still it is running to rich see pictures.
I am not so fast so I don't use 100% open throttle but I was running a fast sand track. Almost like a motocross track.
It is also heavy on gas. About 1,5 liter 10km 6,7km/liter USA 15.8 Miles/Gallon
In on hour ride I used 3.33Liter 0,88 Gallon
This was after 1 1/2 hours run an on 2% oil = 50:1
What can I change?

Attachments

• l420141017_182954.jpg
    l420141017_182954.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Aside from the spooge on the pipe how does the bike run? Also what type of oil are you using? The jetting doesn't seem too bad

Fully Synthetic 2-stroke motorcycle engine oil

The bike runs great.
CASTROL POWER 1 RACING 2T
Specifications
JASO FD
ISO EGD
API TC

I think your spooge is caused by slow riding and not getting engine temperature hot enough to burn the oil off. I wouldn't worry about it.

Your fuel consumption doesn't look to terribly bad. Fuel economy is based largely on how to ride. If you are constantly on and off the throttle you are going to use a lot of gas. Try being smooth on the throttle if you are trying to stretch fuel. Ride in a higher gear with lower rpms. Try to maintain a consistent rpm and avoid reving the bike up and down while riding

This track is a soft sand track almost like a motocross track. It is a lot of hard accelerations and wheel spin on the soft sand.
I know that this track will be heavy on fuel compare to standard enduro in the woods.
But I trying to calculate how many pit stop I will need on 3-4 Hour race next week end. Etch lap is 20km 12.4 US Miles.
Usual I will run two laps then fill gas and then 3 laps more on one tank. The race track next week is on extreme slippery limestone and deep sand woops.
www.ggn.se
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9IVJfvBsjQ

Throw the stock needle away. Go back to the stock 42 pilot, and slide in a Suzuki NEDJ/NEDW in the same clip you have the N1EG. You'll get much cleaner and crisper response off the bottom, improved economy, and similar mid to top end.

I'm getting an easy 95kms of mixed riding out of a tank, and usually more.

Throw the stock needle away. Go back to the stock 42 pilot, and slide in a Suzuki NEDJ/NEDW in the same clip you have the N1EG. You'll get much cleaner and crisper response off the bottom, improved economy, and similar mid to top end.

I'm getting an easy 95kms of mixed riding out of a tank, and usually more.

Not so keen on the N3CJ these days Jakobi

Not so keen on the N3CJ these days Jakobi

Didn't run so well in my 2013 model, for whatever reason. Bit too rich in the first taper, and lifting the clip to clean it up really left a hole in the mid range. Really wild transition. Given when I did this it was bloody wet too! I still run it in the older bike. The 2013 engine is much stronger overall too. 2015 250 I rode stock felt fantastic with 42 NEDW@2 175.

Where do you live I lives Sweden Stockholm. About 0 meters above sea level. And jus now it starts to get cold. Between 4C-11C 39F-52F degrees humidity around 90%.
I will try NEDW

Australia.. Approx 300m. 15-35C usually. 40-100% RH. 98Ron fuel. I ran NEDW#2 in a 250, but am going to go to NECW#2 (half clip leaner) as it heats up again.

You'll be well safe at clip 3 and adjust as you feel. As stated, mid to top is very similar fuel delivery as the N1Ex needles per clip position. Just cleans the lower mid fuel delivery.

Didn't run so well in my 2013 model, for whatever reason. Bit too rich in the first taper, and lifting the clip to clean it up really left a hole in the mid range. Really wild transition. Given when I did this it was bloody wet too! I still run it in the older bike. The 2013 engine is much stronger overall too. 2015 250 I rode stock felt fantastic with 42 NEDW@2 175.

Interesting, maybe I need to ride the new demo a local dealer has. Probably not a good idea though, if i like it too much ... you know how it goes lol

Back