'11 EC200 Jetting Help

Update on switching to the 40pj - much better on the drool factor coming out of the pipe AND the throttle response was even crisper :D

Had a chance to hit my buddy's property this past weekend to test the pilot jet change. I'd guess temps were in the mid 40s and the elevation is somewhere around 1k feet (forgot to bring my GPS with me to check the actual elevation).

There was a significant improvement in the amount of drool coming out of the pipe; nothing down the bottom and just a small collection around the mouth. I reset the a/s to 1.5 turns out and she was nice and crisp.

I think I logged 1.5 hours of engine time; so not like a full day in the woods, but a decent representation. It'll be interesting to see what it looks like after a real ride in the gnarly stuff we usually hit in the coast range.

Thanks again for all the input folks - much appreciated.

Not sure if relevant but my 2013ec200racing came stock with 42p 175m nozh needle.ran a bit blubbery just as getting on th pipe.spooge also!switched to 40p and runs crisper doesn't blubber up as bad when puttering th tight stuff.airscrew went from 2.75 to 1.75 and responds better.less smoke but still spooge.0-500m nz.pretty sure slide #6(forgot to write down).seems to only have 1 base gasket .15 or .3.havent measured squish yet.40:1 95unleaded belray h1r.suspect spooge related to oil flashpoint(hard to keep wot enough to burn) but loath to change as th piston looks near new 28hrs virtually no carbon buildup anywhere just oil!sloshed th oil out th pipe with petrol,flushed with hot water then held over car exhaust to blow/dry out.plug centre choc/coffee outer v lightly sooty.stock pipe fmf q stealth can.at least th oil is still oil when it comes out!love this bike!!esp in th tight!!mine has th hydraulic clutch-super light.th sidestand is pure evil tho...bolt works loose(despite Loctite) and bends and th foot seems designed to sink into even slightly soft ground effortlessly!(farmgates-at least it keeps running when it falls over!)

oh and vforce3 reeds carb is pwks 38as with the 2 screw top.2013 factory manual lists a 42p 175main(same as mine) but with a n1ef with no 7 slide.mine has nozh in middle clip and a no 6?not sure how diff th 2013 setup is from 2011?

I still don't have my jetting figured out but am thinking there may be another problem since I rebuilt the motor. about 3/4 opened under load the bike breaks up and I'm pretty sure it isn't jetting. Bike revs nice and clean sitting still but under load it sucks and the muffler is oozing black crap. It's really baffling me.

Back