2011 125 6 days jetting

orangezuk

I just picked up a 2011 125 6 days and I need to see if there is anyone out there with experience jetting these things.

I'm in central AL 400 ft ASL and temps will go from 30*F to 65*F in a weekend. I understand that the little bore bikes are more sensitive to changes...I'm just looking for some general tips...

Stock:

160 MJ
35 PJ
N8RF 3rd
1.5 out AS #7 Slide

It seemed way lean so I went to this and I still haven't cranked it...

172MJ
42PJ
stock needle & pos
will adjust AS for temp
#7 slide

thanks
Ryan

No jetting tips, but how about posting some pictures of that bad boy? Clay said he had a couple 125 Six Days left and I told him to check the crate and make sure they didn't just ship over a couple hundred pounds of rocks - I've never seen one, and I would hazard a guess that most others haven't either.

Oh, and if you get a chance to run it across the scale, tell us how much water it displaces ;)

Thanks

Saw one at our banquet a couple weeks ago,gabriel cycles out of worcester,ma. Had it at their display,looked very trick!!!

As soon as I get it put back together I will post some pics.

I did some research and found that KTM 125s (the only 125 I could find with a keihin 36mm carb) started with a 198 MJ and a 42 pilot so I am thinking I am still way too lean. The biggest mj I have is a 190 so I may not get to ride it this weekend :( but at least I have a starting point...

DSC01994.jpg

DSC01995.jpg

Only additions are an o-ring chain and the barkbusters...I've got a handful of jets and needles to test tomorrow....

I'm running a 168 MJ in my '02 125xc, if that helps. I am also running a 42 PJ and a #7 slide. The PJ is fine, but the #7 slide is way too rich. I plan on grinding it into a #5 whenever I get around tuit.

JayC

. I am also running a 42 PJ and a #7 slide. The PJ is fine, but the #7 slide is way too rich. I plan on grinding it into a #5 whenever I get around tuit.

JayC

It doesn't work that way. A #5 slide is richer, meaning it has a 2mm smaller cutout than a #7 slide. A #7 slide will be leaner at the transition off the pilot jet and into the needle. I've done this mod a bunch of times to various bikes, and have always been happy with the results.

Hi

I run an 195 main jet and 45 pilot jet on my 2005 MC125. That works pretty well at sea level.

What carb is on your bike? I'm chasing a flat spot right before the over-rev and can't seem to fix it...I may need to find a 39mm carb off of a KTM 200SX...may need more air...

Back