2011 headlight bulb

Is the verdict still out on using a 55W bulb?
Seems some are having sucess and others warn of melting the plastic lens.
I searched, and in all the older threads on the subject, the consensus is that damage will result.

BTW. Just joined the GG Club and am impressed with the wealth of knowledge here. Getting the new Spanish Girlfriend sorted out thanks to the info here.
I still have 2 KTM's and I'm quite active over at KTMTalk.

Thanks in Advance!

Is the verdict still out on using a 55W bulb?
Seems some are having sucess and others warn of melting the plastic lens.
I searched, and in all the older threads on the subject, the consensus is that damage will result.

BTW. Just joined the GG Club and am impressed with the wealth of knowledge here. Getting the new Spanish Girlfriend sorted out thanks to the info here.
I still have 2 KTM's and I'm quite active over at KTMTalk.

Thanks in Advance!

I second this. What is verdict on using the 55w H4?

I'm using a 55w in my bike for the last 2 months and have no problems with melting and wayyyy brighter than my stocker. It does get a little warmer(of course) but nothing to the point of even coming close to melting, it's nice to finally have some good light in front of me. I'm using a sylvania silver star

Thanks. I'll give it go. Still trying to figure out how exactly my bulb shattered. No crashes, no nothing. Just trail riding. All of a sudden the light quit working. Low and behold a perfectly good bulb is shattered inside the lens???????:confused:

Here is my drop in 1200 lumen led light I made
null_zps16104c45.jpg

I put a brighter bulb in and it melted and deformed the plastic around it.... Don't do it.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk

I put a brighter bulb in and it melted and deformed the plastic around it.... Don't do it.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk

That's why I designed the led bulb. I searched and searched for a real high powered drop in led bulb with no results. So I spent countless hours and some serious cash coming up with mine.

I bought the 55w H4 today at Auto Zone. I don't really need the light, so I will just hand it to the new owner when I sell it.

Oh and using the h4 55w bulb is nothing new. Us husqvarna guys have been looking for a real option for many years. Guys have tried drilling holes in the housing, all sorts of different bulbs, the list goes on and on. Most can't justify rewinding the stator and HIDs, so I finally got tired of it. I'm the kinda guy when confronted by a problem I will find a solution. Not just any solution but the best solution

I have to test it a couple more weeks. Of all goes well I will order all the parts and assemble them. I'm looking at 90.00 shipped. Steep for a bulb yes, but the parts aren't exactly found at the dollar store. I wouldn't call it a wonder bulb, just a better solution than anything currently offered.

Back