2012 Gas Gas EC 300 E-Start Build Thread

modette

We all know what they look like but maybe not so much with the various parts. And stealing an idea from the Jeep forum I am on I'll post any future stuff on my motorcycle here.

2012 Gas Gas EC 300 E-Start
DSC00578.JPG

DSC00579.JPG

Hyde Pipe Guard & Skid Plate
DSC00582.JPG

Bullet Proof Billet Radiator Guards
DSC00584.JPG

The bag and tools you get:
DSC00576.JPG

From the get go the farkles are:
Hyde Pipe Guard & Skid Plate
TUBliss Front & Rear (I've had good luck)
Bullet Proof Billet Radiator Guards
Rekluse Clutch Cover (Not installed yet)
Fork Air Bleeders
Cycra ProBend bar busters
BRP Billet clamps for Cycra probends
JD Jet Kit
Tugger (Front & Rear but only front on right now)

I also will do a Scott Shark Fin for rear disc protection and I ordered a Acerbis 1.3 Gallon fork tank for those long rides it then puts me at 4 gallons for now till someone comes out with a bigger tank.

Nice. My riding buddy is finalizing a deal today on a leftover '12 250R after years on one of those orange things.

The Hyde for the '11 fits the '12 great, I was shocked the front holes even lined up perfect. Did you make a rear mount? I did but don't use the clamps on the pipe, it fits tight enough without them and makes R&R a snap.

Get a linkage skid, even if you don't smash it on big rocks(you will) the shock eye gets beat up from smaller ones hitting it, just like the bottom of a skid plate.

Nice. My riding buddy is finalizing a deal today on a leftover '12 250R after years on one of those orange things.

The Hyde for the '11 fits the '12 great, I was shocked the front holes even lined up perfect. Did you make a rear mount? I did but don't use the clamps on the pipe, it fits tight enough without them and makes R&R a snap.

Get a linkage skid, even if you don't smash it on big rocks(you will) the shock eye gets beat up from smaller ones hitting it, just like the bottom of a skid plate.

Glen,
Who did you get the linkage skid from?
Clay

Clay,

I got the Scorpion Racing skid, the only choice. They are now known as Emperor Racing, had to change their name due to some legal issues. They only made one mfg run last year, and I was lucky as member GasGas found one in stock in a shop in Nova Scotia and I grabbed it. I see now that Emperor has them listed on their site so they must have made another run.

This design replaces the actual pull rods. They originally had two parts designed for the '12, one of standard length and one longer to drop the seat height about an inch. I think the stock '13 falls somewhee in the middle. You may want to check with them to be sure exactly what they have. I got the stock height version as I'm happy with how the bike handles in that configuration.

Clay
Not to step on Glen's toes here but I got my new linkage skid from Emperor Racing (formerly Scorpion Racing).
Check out the photos..... It is a piece of art. But won't look this way for long.....

BTW - I love my 2012 300

Stu J.

2013-01-04_00002_zpsac991058.jpg

2013-01-04_00004_zpsecbd907b.jpg

Glenn
You beat me to the post. ;-)

I too got the standard ht.
My only complaint with it is that installing the OEM link bushings into the new linkage arms was a bit challenging but got them installed with one of my homemade press tool devices....

When I ordered mine it was in the mail the next day and rec'd it 2 days later. But I am in Seattle and Steve is located in BC just above me so guessing it will take longer for others GG's who seem to be mainly Central to East Coast

Go to
http://www.scorpionracing.ca/
The owner is: Steve Vander Helm of Emperor Racing

Last edited:
I used my hydraulic press and it took a lot of force. I think the anodizing added enough to make the press fit a bit tight.

I also added a thin piece of HMWPE, cut just like the middle plate, to allow easier sliding over stuff rather than "biting in" like rocks tend to do with aluminum. I also extended the rear of my skidplate with the same material to cover the frame pivot. So far no complaints, works great! I think that in CO this would be a good idea! I told my buddy don't even ride the bike here without a link skid.

I just put one on my '13 300. It took 10 days to get mine, but i live in W.V.. pressing the bushings in was tough, due to the anodizing. It looks awesome on the bike. I like functional bling.

I don't think so. Unless he just came out with one in the last few weeks. These were made for the 12 models. So the std. one will be a little shorter than the 13 and the lowering version will be a little longer. I think the std. ones for the 12 are still available but I don't believe anyone has the lowering version. I would like to get a couple of the lowering ones if anyone knows of any.

I don't think so. Unless he just came out with one in the last few weeks. These were made for the 12 models. So the std. one will be a little shorter than the 13 and the lowering version will be a little longer. I think the std. ones for the 12 are still available but I don't believe anyone has the lowering version. I would like to get a couple of the lowering ones if anyone knows of any.

I don't want to speak for Steve here but per this link it looks like he has them in stock.

http://shopusa.emperorracing.com/c/choose-your-bike_gasgas_2013_ec300

Or send him an email at
info@emperorracing.com

Back