2013 Sherco 250/300SE 2 Stroke

It looks very blue KTM (another blue one!!). That big boulging tank does nothing fot me either. I have short legs and knees that aren't bowed. One of the thigs I love about the gasser is how narrow it feels and how the tank holds the fuel centrally. In saying that its mighty sexy looking!

I don't think its wide at all. It appears not to be a true perimeter frame like the GG. The tank hangs external to the frame on the sides but at that point the spars are closer to the center of the bike. Like the last Suzuki RM250 2strokes. Very nice bike.

bikes nice looking, not a fan of the silencer but the rest looks good.still not jumping out at me though i dont think ill be jumping on the sherco bandwagon anytime soon.(ill jump on the smartcarb bandwagon!!)

The exhaust valve is controlled electronically, no kick start just the e-start located on the bottom of the engine and perfectly integrated in the carter.
It's nice but too much KTMish

My only initial comments based on the pics and video are too big a silencer and no kick start. Are those the same CC 48mm WPs as on the KTM XCs? Wonder what it weighs?

It is a nice looking bike, except the silly looking silencer and I am all for electric start but would never have it unless there was a kickstarter to go along with it..

Still can't believe a true enduro machine wouldn't come with a back up kicker, I've pushed a dead ktm 450sx up a hill a couple times before and thought the only place this thing belongs is at a track not 40 k into the bush

The more I look at this bike, the more I like it. :)

I like the muffler. It appears to be an Akrapovic muffler that all the EWC guys are running. FYI, KTM is charging $700 CDN for that same muffler in their hard parts catalog.

No kicker is a bit odd, Sherco is obviously VERY confident in their e-start set up.

I like the WP suspension. Easy to get parts for and just about every tuner will know what to do with the forks and shock.

I could see one of these in my garage.

That's a beautiful bike. I like the clean look of the dark blue and white plastic's. But I'm with Nambo Trev on the no- kickstart issue. And especially now that I ride with the auto clutch.

Still can't believe a true enduro machine wouldn't come with a back up kicker, I've pushed a dead ktm 450sx up a hill a couple times before and thought the only place this thing belongs is at a track not 40 k into the bush

Yep, done that to a drz, I concur!

I think the clue is in the name 'enduro'.

Enduro bikes are made and designed to be raced on the track, hence the small tanks and seats like planks, and now the absence of a kick starter. All about weight saving.

I know we all use enduros for trail riding but that's not what they are for, trail bikes like xr's and the like are designed for trail riding but they handle like pigs so we use enduro bikes instead.

As for converting mx bikes for trail riding, well I wouldn't use one in the uk where you are never far from a road let alone in the USA where as you say you can be 40 miles from a road, think that's asking for trouble..

I like the muffler. It appears to be an Akrapovic muffler that all the EWC guys are running. FYI, KTM is charging $700 CDN for that same muffler in their hard parts catalog.

No kicker is a bit odd, Sherco is obviously VERY confident in their e-start set up.

I like the WP suspension. Easy to get parts for and just about every tuner will know what to do with the forks and shock.

Are these the same forks as on the new 2013 Husabergs? I think they're called 4SC 4 Chamber?

Last edited:
I think the clue is in the name 'enduro'.

Enduro bikes are made and designed to be raced on the track, hence the small tanks and seats like planks, and now the absence of a kick starter. All about weight saving.

I know we all use enduros for trail riding but that's not what they are for, trail bikes like xr's and the like are designed for trail riding but they handle like pigs so we use enduro bikes instead.

As for converting mx bikes for trail riding, well I wouldn't use one in the uk where you are never far from a road let alone in the USA where as you say you can be 40 miles from a road, think that's asking for trouble..

Don't know about anywhere else but in western Canada, the trails we ride are the same trails that enduro, cross country and hare scrambles are raced on so it doesn't really matter whether we are racing enduro's or trail riding, we are going to bring the right tool for the job which is a enduro bike, and more often than not we are miles and miles from any roads or anything so if you had a e-start only bike and had any sort of issue with the battery or starter it would definitely be a problem.

The great news is that you can still get the GasGas estart with a kickstart back-up.

Choices are good!

The choices nowadays are great!!

It is really cool to see that the Euro brands are focusing on building awesome enduro machines while the big 4 Japanese are focused more on MX bikes. Makes it great for us to have so many choices of top notch off road bikes!!:D

I am thinking the same thing. I have high hopes for the electronic powervalve giving us a smooth 4T like power curve, as opposed to the "hit" that a std open/close powervalve gives. This is assuming that it is a multi-stage PV opening.

Don't know about anywhere else but in western Canada, the trails we ride are the same trails that enduro, cross country and hare scrambles are raced on so it doesn't really matter whether we are racing enduro's or trail riding, we are going to bring the right tool for the job which is a enduro bike, and more often than not we are miles and miles from any roads or anything so if you had a e-start only bike and had any sort of issue with the battery or starter it would definitely be a problem.

So you're keen to see the DI too? :D Judging from their 4T range their starters aren't exactly a weak point. Plus a 2T still bump starts so easily that it doesn't present that much of an issue unless if you get caught in the bottom of a nasty ravine with no where to go and no starter.

Back