2018 300ec starter issues

starter

found video . problem is i took apart and put back together dont know how its clocked . So should it spin clockwise or counter ?

Finally had a good test of my 24v starter system in a race last weekend. Faultless, started cold in seconds. Started in gear etc. Its worth doing IMO, I just used a Honda Z50 battery which is a AGM not lithium. I will be riveting some proper terminals onto the spade connectors eventually. I might even 3D print a little holder for it instead of the zip ties.

Attachments

• 20210708_201506.jpg
    20210708_201506.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 43
I had a lot of different issues with my e-start. my2018. New bendix cover with bearings help a little and all the bearings must be in very good shape. My problems ended, when added li-ion battery, 48wh. This starter s?stem doesnt work, if battery voltage is below 13v on mine, it doesn't care about starting amps very much. If battery has more than 13v to give, it starts cold, hot, ingear, no problems whatsoever. If voltage is below 13v, u may forget u have e-start, even diesel car battery with 800A starting current straight to starter motor makes only clanking sound, if below 13v.
My sisters boyfriend has same bike, his is acting the same. I interchaged many parts between them (mine had issues, his didnt) and last thing was battery, a fully charged one.
One problem still exists, battery charging is too a little bit low on my bike for getting 100% from the battery. I belive the starter engine is wrongly built inside, is there too many or less roundings on the copper wire or are they too thick or thin, i dont know, but it should be possible to rewire them to work higher rpm's on 12 voltage.

24v system was on my mind also, and i'm sure, it helps, but i dont want to carry 2 batterys and make electrical system more complicated, this bike needs simplicity. Rewiring starter motor should do the trick, do we have anybody who is very familiar with electric motors?

Check this out, its the bendix cover of a new Rieju 300

39730584rc.jpeg

Hi Doc, I'd heard these were on the way but not seen one yet, any chance you can tell me what he bearing number is, I cant read it from the picture.

Bill

Finally had a good test of my 24v starter system in a race last weekend. Faultless, started cold in seconds. Started in gear etc. Its worth doing IMO, I just used a Honda Z50 battery which is a AGM not lithium. I will be riveting some proper terminals onto the spade connectors eventually. I might even 3D print a little holder for it instead of the zip ties.

It will eventually brake the woodruff key on your flywheel .A Genuine Reiju starter,A reiju bendix cover and the wet mod (if its pre 2022 reiju will fix all starter issues.Will start hot or cold ,even when the bike is side down

my cunning plan

just got a well used 018 needs rod crank bearings all the link bearings /swing arm . @@@@ surprise no e start workey my plan new rj cover my one worn out on the small hole . all the parts are ok ish going with them for now think the starter is a ktm ebay one .looking at all the info setting the gears to spin freely is the key . gasket thickness important? ring gear shims ? its got the thinker cable dont no if the cdi has the mod any way of telling thanks for any help

Can anyone confirm which way the GG starter should spin. There are videos everywhere and pages and pages of text about changing polarity etc but I can't see an answer to the spin direction question.

I pulled mine apart and marked positions with a marker and while cleaning the inside I inadvertently wiped off the marks I had made on the outside... dummy! Now I'm trying to figure it out. I think the motor when inserted in position in the bike should spin the cog it sits in counter clockwise or another way of thinking about it if you were to take out the motor and look directly at the shaft it would be spinning clockwise .

Thanks

Last edited:
Just take a look at the flywheel when pushing down the kickstarter. Then you know which way it should spin (or rather you can figure it out from the number of gears between the starter and the flywheel)

Sent fra min YAL-L21 via Tapatalk

After trial and error I can confirm that the starter shaft should spin counter clockwise if you are looking directly at the shaft.

Just did a bush replacement, cleaned starter components and new 8 gauge wiring (neg and positive and a direct earth to the starter) and for the first time in my ownership it starts within seconds (cold) with the e start with gusto vs a struggling sounds I used to get even when warm. Finally cracked it. Hopefully it stays that way:)

Back