5000-7000 ft. above sea level (jetting)

Link

I'm racing the VC grand prix and the elevation range is from 5k to 7K ASL & I'm looking for some help in setting up the bike. It's an 06 EC250. I checked the jetting chart but couldn't find anything jetted for those high elev. There's a 42 pilot and a 175 main in there now I have been riding from sea level to about 3000 ft. & the bike runs perfect.
Thanks

Any of you other Gasser's gonna make that race ?

Im at 5200 feet and here's my jetting on a Wild 300
35 pilot 1 turn out
needle 2nd from the top
#6 slide
168 main

Your pilot is probably fine, but take a size 40 with you in case the airscrew is not enough. If you are hard on the throttle, then I would probably start with a 172 mainjet. Otherwise I would drop to a 170.

Thanks for input, do you think there would be any reason to change needle position when putting in the diff. size jets. I am not going to have any time to experiment before the race so thats why I'm trying to get as much info. now
Thanks

OK, I say go with the following.

40 pilot
170 main

I don't know which needle you have, but if you have any spooge dripping from your pipe, go ahead and raise the clip 1 position. To me, that would indicate your running a little rich based on the types of trail we have in NorCal.

Enjoy you EC200. That's what it's going to feel like at that elevation.

OK, I say go with the following.

40 pilot
170 main

I don't know which needle you have, but if you have any spooge dripping from your pipe, go ahead and raise the clip 1 position. To me, that would indicate your running a little rich based on the types of trail we have in NorCal.

Enjoy you EC200. That's what it's going to feel like at that elevation.

Cool, now I'll be able to race with the "sun" setting on the CDI !!!

Back