AIROH helmet

gasgasman

Super Moderator
Staff member
After seeing David Knight's AIROH helmet, Boomhauer had to have one.
So he got one, which I tried on.
The fit was really nice and light weight.
I was in the market for a new helmet and since my current helmet was slap worn out (Arai MXC pro). I figured, why not try the AIROH.
Plus Boomer kept bugging me to get one.

Got on line with www.dirtbikebitz.com and ordered this model.
feaf_1.JPG

The helmet took 5 days to get to me!
When I opened the box the first thing I noticed was how light this helmet is. 1020 grams!

The fit and finish is way ahead of the Arai's.
The inside looks like a bicycle helmet-lots of open air channels.
Liner is removable for washing.
Paint job is flawless. No raised lines from the graphics.

Judging by the number of WEC riders wearing AIROHs, it is amazing that there are not imported to the US.

Mine looks better!:p It looks as if somebody shot yours a couple of times.:eek: :D

Awesome helmet "G"!

This is the best helmet I have ever put on my head. I think the helmets not having the US DOT sticker on it has something to do with why we don't see them over here.:confused:

how does the sizing compare to Arai (I wear the M)? What is the interior shape like? From me, Aria fits perfect, whereas the Bell fits like a mixing bowl!

Fit was a BIG concern for me.
I am unable to wear a Shoei because of a pressure point on my forehead.
The Airoh fits like an Arai.
The more I look at the Airoh, the more I like it over the Arai.
It's cheaper and the quality is right up there.

So what ws the cost delivered to your house? What is the cost of replacement liners (I switch out liners along with goggles on hot days)?

Shipping was around $68.
I won't know until I get the final bill. Their exchange rate changes daily.

By the look of it, you won't need to change the liners out on hot days.
I don't know what they cost.

That gold sticker should peel off if you don't want it on there. I peeled mine off after I got it.

I like the bullet holes.:D

I see what you were talking about with the white outline. Mine is black and the liner is dark blue.

It meets these standards "EC22-05 Standard & ACU Gold Approved" which I beleive are what the ISDE and WEC approve of. The EC22-05 is about the same as Snell. Suomy helmets are not Snell either.

gasgasman,
I've looked at those helmet on line, but the exchange rate and shipping horror stories kept me from ordering.
I'm not scared anymore.
I have a question on sizing, did you wear a large in the Arai?

Mike, I was the same way. It took me 3 months before I pulled the trigger.

Yes, the I wore a size "L" Arai.

I just looked up the helmet standards for the FIM and they must meet one of these ECE 22-05 , or JIS T (Japan) or Snell M2005. So the Airoh is legal for the ISDE and WEC.

Hey, TM_ENduro and I have been talking for a very long time about these Fantastic helmets, I have contacted Airoh Myself personally and asked about Importing them...and they said they are not importing them into the US....So I called Motoxerotica DAVE...where I wrk and asked him if we can start importing these helmets,,,Every single racer on TM's Team wears these helmets...he is looking into this as we speak...I have been pushing for this helmet for a couple of months...so hopefully soon we will have these....The problem for a Importer is the Liability Insurance.....TM carries that insurance for the Importer...So we are going to talk with Patrick the National Sales Manager for TM...and him to give us some info, Perhaps we can work something out...Even if we dont im still buying one....They meet more safety standards than any helmet here in the US

BTW,,fantastic pictures, thankyou..Awesome Helmet,,,

I checked out a few AIROH helmets at the ISDE. I want one. So light. Just gotta see how the finances are doing this spring...

Back