Am I missing something ???

Stoby

Bronze Level Site Supporter
Put my new gopro on this week .Trying to upload 10 minutes on youtubes taking 2 hours .Whats the deal is that normal ?Any tips ?
Thanks
Stoby

Have you used any software to edit and re-encode at lower rates? or just uploading raw data? How large is the size of the file you are uploading in MB, not just in length?

My internet provider also has capped upload speeds so things take quite a bit longer to get on youtube, than it takes to watch.

Huh?

I dont understand how to do any of that my windows isnt offering any kind of real editing or compression.I'm kind of computer illiterate
HELP

Hey Stoby,
Ya might want to check out some Utube video on 'up loading' and your 'GoPro Camera'.
It isn't hard might you do have to understand the fundamentals first.
Don't get overwhelmed. Yes uploading a large 5-7 min video can take a long time. And longer if you are uploading HD.
Try a couple of 30 sec up loads first before you attempt a large 7-10 min one.

PM me if you'd like and I'll try and help ya out if I can.

cheers.gif

I have the newest gopro and high speed .I tried googling it ,it seems pretty complicated .Switch to one form ,then back to the original??? The programs are free but I don't know to trust them .Which ones are legit?
Gonna try uploading a short clip anyway

Somebody????

Uploaded a 30 sec clip .each longer one fails . I think i can tackle the editing myself if i can find a user friendly program. Can anyone recommend some of the free software for editing.i just dont want to download a virus or something not user friendly as this is on my laptop so space is limited
Thanks for any help
As an added bonus for help you'll get to see my crashes and cussing on video.
Stoby

The only one I have used is Windows Movie Maker, it takes a little fiddling around to get the hang of it, but once you do it's not bad. Depending what version of windows you use, you could already have it. It came with my Windows Vista Ultimate.

Wes.

The only one I have used is Windows Movie Maker, it takes a little fiddling around to get the hang of it, but once you do it's not bad. Depending what version of windows you use, you could already have it. It came with my Windows Vista Ultimate. Wes.

The first one I used was 'Windows Live Movie Make' came with Windows 7
Very user friendly. Even has links to UTube once you're done editing. With option on normal or HD. Can't go wrong there no changing formats or anything complicated.

Now I have obtained Corel's New VideoStudio Pro X4 :D

Man that program ROCKS.

Roger that HuskyDude.

Same progression I have made from windows movie maker onto Corel VideoStudio.

Its all good :) Works well and user friendly

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I found a free 30 day trial of the x4 but now that its downloaded i dont have anything on my computer to open it with.What do i use???
Thanks

I found a free 30 day trial of the x4 but now that its downloaded i dont have anything on my computer to open it with.What do i use??? Thanks

Not sure what you mean 'Open it with"??? Is it a 'Winzip" or 'Raw" file'

If anything it should have came through as a exe. file. Where did you down load it from?

i got it from corels site as a free 30 day trial, I tried to open it and none of my programs can? it says its a mime file? they have mime download things on google search ,but i'm wary of taking things off the web.

Won't be able to try HD till I get home after work. Our PC's at work can't.

But the vid itself looks great. Nice trail. !!!

Thanks!

Thanks for all the input / advice , now i can enjoy my toys more.
Stoby

Back