Anyone lose a gopro yet?

Not easily :D

I am happy being a flat-lander, hills are ok when taken head on, those 50ft drop-offs don't hold any appeal for me: neither does jumping out of perfectly good airplanes or off bridges :) Guess I am getting old.

Yeah but I'd think you would loose the rider perspective (bars, hands) view you get with a body mount. Also, I would think the vid would be a lot more jumpy.

I was looking at mounts on ebay and found this Beast. It looks like it would take away any fears of losing or breaking my gopro.

Ya but, for that kind of moneys you could almost get another camera...almost.:D

One of the first places I mounted my Oregon Scientific (which was my very first cam) was on the bars. It might of been OK on a street bike but didn't work very well on a dirt bike. Way too much handlebar movement.

Losing gopro

I have broken several go pro cases and mounts. So, I bought the same case gghedge was posting about. I am very pleased, I can use all my old broken cases. Concerning the vibration, the vibration isn't any worse than the plastic design. I now, do not have to worry about losing or breaking my camera every time I use it.

Welcome hunter007racing to the GG Rider Club.

I'm sorry to here you've had bad luck with breaking several OEM Go Pro cases and mounts. You must have chosen some precarious angles for your cameras.
Hope you didn't lose too many of them. I'd love to see some of your vid's though if you'd care to share them.

I apologize for the misunderstanding on my comment above. It wasn't on the vibration of the mount rather the mount itself.
Having any camera mounted on a helmet or handlebar that is subject to a lot of lateral movement will make watching the video nauseating.(been there):D

cheers.gif

visor mount

Mounted the gopro to my visor like PEB , worked great never even noticed it. Thought the footage was good, still, hills are not really shown and the rocks look smaller...............
Stoby

...And you look like your riding slower than you actually did. Thats just the optics of a wide angle lens.

Yes but how high the camera is relative to the terrain has a lot to do with it. Like driving a low sports car and a lifted truck at the same speed which feels faster, at least visually? The fender/bar/frame mounts always look faster.

Even still pics can be deceiving. I shot some pics a few years back on a particularly nasty hill we have here. I used a slight wide angle and was close to the action as my brother and buddy worked up the ledges. I was disappointed how the camera made that hero section so C rider friendly. I think to really depict this correctly, I should have been close to the ground shooting level or up a bit.

I just got mine tonight, picked up the last one on sale in BestBuy!

I have an idea for an under visor mount like Paul's (PEB). I'm going to use the packaging display mount plate in the box. Trim the plate down, heat it with a heat gun, and form it to fit the under visor curve perfectly. Then I'll mount it with small screws/nuts. Should be good, I'll let you know how it works out.

I thought of doing something similar to that but the camera hung down too low & was too apparent in my vision. I put the camera mount through the visor as close to the helmet as possible. With my goggles on I don't even notice it at all. Good luck and enjoy. Look forward to seeing some footage.
Stoby

A hole cut in the visor works perfect. No need for a mount.
Visormount003.jpg

The front edge of the hole is 2" from the leading edge of the visor. You can see a bit to much of the visor in the footage. We put a hole in my brothers visor at about 1.5" and you can barely see the edge of the visor in the vid.

I also used some duct tape to firmly hold the visor all the way up as the stock screws were not quite up to the task.

I set mine up that way PEB.Thanks .Used a coat hanger instead of cotter pin .Put rubber grommet between the visor and camera to angle it downward to simulate my line of sight. thought it worked pretty well . Still might try a body mount.
Stoby

I shot over 11/2 hrs today with the under visor mount. Used the flat adhesive mount with a screw for safety. It didn't bug me and the video was excellent! I shot in 960 to try it not knowing if the angle was right but it was perfect. I can't believe how good it looks on my big screen! Now I need to edit it down especially the sensitive parts. What do you guys use? Anything that's basic and free and runs on a PC? I really need to update my home computers now.

I downloaded a free trial of the corel x4 but i needed a young kid to show me how to use it.Corel offers the trial on their site. pics of mount please.Curious.
Stoby

Its what comes in the kit, just drilled a small hole for a 3mm screw in the center, through the visor and into the mount, and trimmed it off. Mine sits a little lower and farther forward than Paul's, but I get absolutely no visor in the frame. There is no way I could wear it on top or side, I would have cleaned it off 5 times over today.

Have you used the YouTube editor? That requires the file to be uploaded first, and I would rather remove some stuff before upload.

Back