Aussie stuff

Nice Nate :cool:

Some of those rock climbs looked pretty daunting, and I liked the flip-around as you went right to get around that tree/rooted area...lol.

Exact opposite of what we have out here right now - lots of liquid sunshine with muddy trails and mostly decent traction.

I've had a few branches try to grab my GP off the top of my lid before, are you using the mounts that come with it? Surprised to see a branch whisk it off like that; usually, it wants to rip my head off instead...lol.

I'm using a Sony as100v camera, same type of mounts as gopro. That was about the 450000th time vines, branches had grabbed at it. I'm glad it came off my neck was already sore from being whipped backwards.
I'm looking forward to some wetter cooler weather, been a hot dry summer here so far.

Just me and a mate ('10 Gasser 300) on a quick ride on the weekend. Spent half the day clearing trails (lots of rain and wind over here, fallen trees have closed half the tracks) then the last half riding.

Some of the better footage of the days riding:

http://youtu.be/bXuI0Tk1dRM?list=UUjfBPCXhd98OBZkBtBnp99A

What is the gadget in the middle of your bars? And is that an extra GoPro tucked down in behind the left side of the number plate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the gadget in the middle of your bars? And is that an extra GoPro tucked down in behind the left side of the number plate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Middle of the bars is the remote for my helmet cam - Sony as100v, in theory it syncs with the camera via wifi and you can start/stop the recording using the remote. Also has a little screen so you can see the active recording.
In practice the vibrations of the bike seem to disrupt any wifi syncing and it drops out and turns off once i start riding. But it re-connects quick enough once I stop riding.
Thing to the left is my GPS.

Some of the better footage of the days riding:

Nice Nate :cool:

The technical stuff through the rocks was frickin' sweet, and how crazy was it to ride through that small rift in the rocks...talk about tight :eek:

Nice job on the log hopping, that looked like fun. And all the rock stuff toward the end looked fun. What did you guys stumble upon right at the very end - looked like an old chimney of sorts?

Great vid man, makes me want to ride over there :D

The whole video is one section of ST we've known since new ;) Was hard work in the early days, but flows pretty well now.

Jake - that's a crazy long section of trail, must have tons of acreage to play with to have a trail that long :eek:

Why weren't you in that mix of riders...only heard the music and plain 'ole 4T...lol.

Can't believe how dusty it is there - complete contrast to the wet stuff we're experiencing right now.

Jake - that's a crazy long section of trail, must have tons of acreage to play with to have a trail that long :eek:

Why weren't you in that mix of riders...only heard the music and plain 'ole 4T...lol.

Can't believe how dusty it is there - complete contrast to the wet stuff we're experiencing right now.

We've got a decent network of trails in the backyard, ever growing! Usual riding mates, but I was busy that weekend.

Another ride today where we've been clearing trails. Almost managed to do a loop but still a lot of clearing to go. Bloody trees falling across the tracks.
Great views on the trails though:
3f3bb5b1d1b9ffd50f0e877b65b04364.jpg

f1fb06287f4b7cd3f77f4e343a1bdf7b.jpg

Went out for my annual birthday ride yesterday! As always it rained, and then rained some more. Heaps of fun in the mud. Slippery roots, logs, and pine needles between the trees. Barbie and rum cans after, and then home to a happy family and nice roast dinner. Doesn't get much better!

10835287_434640600019890_9040517364440347654_o_zps4knd0njh.jpg

Nice vid, I spend a year in Australia a few years ago and used to get out riding almost every weekend working for a bike shop that would do rides out for people who wanted to on the weekends went to some amazing places I would go back tomorrow if I could, best trails in the world:D

Happy birthday Jake.
Sounds like you had one of the best times, good work mate.
Cheers Mark

Another ride today where we've been clearing trails. Almost managed to do a loop but still a lot of clearing to go. Bloody trees falling across the tracks.
Great views on the trails though:
3f3bb5b1d1b9ffd50f0e877b65b04364.jpg

f1fb06287f4b7cd3f77f4e343a1bdf7b.jpg

Looking at those pipe guards makes me realize that mad max is not fiction

Back