Carb Intake Boot - Help/Advice

StuJohnson

Looking to find an alternative boot ASAP.

Does anyone out there know of a good crossover?

I have looked on eBay at YZ250 ones but they have a bolt on feature that won't work?

What other 2-stroke bikes use the same carb that GasGas uses?

Or maybe there is a 4-stroke one that might work??

Thanks to all

I love Gasgas, but fitting the carb on the intake and air boot is the biggest pain ever!

I'd like to find a good alternative.

I heated my air boot up yesterday and it helped, but still a big pain:mad:

Are you looking for the air box side, or the reed side? If the reed side, go to an auto parts store or marine store and get a piece of silicone hose in the correct ID. Get a proper hose cutter or have the shop/store cut it to length. Maybe add a mm or two to push the carb back into the airbox a little more.

If the airbox side, you are on your own.

Are you looking for the air box side, or the reed side? If the reed side, go to an auto parts store or marine store and get a piece of silicone hose in the correct ID. Get a proper hose cutter or have the shop/store cut it to length. Maybe add a mm or two to push the carb back into the airbox a little more.

If the airbox side, you are on your own.

Ah - I knew you would come to the rescue.
It is the "reed" side.

What other boat shop in Seattle or Bellevue can I go to so that I don't get raped at West Marine?

Jake -- I would tell what happened to my OEM one but would be too embarrassed...

Ahh no not the actual airboot, just the intake manifold. Can order them in too quite cheap I replaced one that I wore out from too much turning of the carb. Overtightening the clamps can sometimes cut in and crack the rubber a bit too.

Embarrassing stories are grouse! The suspension builds :D

Back