Clarke oversize tank 07-09

Mark Berg - CPD

Site Sponsor
YEAH!!!!

The new 2007-09 oversize tank from Clarke mfg is complete! 3.2 gallons and available in red, black or the natural tank. We are a distributor for the Clarkes for the GasGas so your local dealer can order them through us without having to sign up direct to Clarke! We will be taking orders for the first production run until November 20th.

They are sending us one tank to make sure it fits on the 2010, I'll keep you posted here!

Retail is $209, contact your local dealer or PM me for more information.

FINALLY!

Mark,

That's fantastic news!!!

All of GoFasters hard work is greatly appreciated in getting us a larger tank for the 2007+ bikes. :)

Will this fit both the EC125 and EC200/250/300?
Or is it just the bigger bikes (EC200/250/300)?

I really hope it fits the 2010 bikes too.

Mark, Do you have more pics than the one on the website? This new tank apears to have far less of a hump around the cap. It may be time to retire the gallon jug I have been strapping to my pack.

questions hopefully answered

I will have the new tank here by next wednesday and will fit it onto a 2009 EC125 and the 2010 EC300. I'll try to take some photo's and post, plus give the answers and results here.

Keep ya posted!

I will have the new tank here by next wednesday and will fit it onto a 2009 EC125 and the 2010 EC300. I'll try to take some photo's and post, plus give the answers and results here.

Keep ya posted!

Mark,

When you get it mounted up on both bikes, can you take a measurement from front of tank to the steering bearing?

I would like to understand if the Scotts damper mount (the post with frame clamp) will fit in front of this tank.

Thanks!

The UPS guy delivered my 3.2gal Clarke tank for my 2005 EC250.

I haven't fitted it yet but it looks sturdy. The fasteners are brass and inset into the plastic.

Looks like lots of room for the dampner strut.

clarke%20tank.JPG

Nice big pic...It looks nice.

Would like to see some more from different angles and without the shrouds but it's (finally) the only choice in town if you want a slightly bigger tank.

Come on Mark and Steve, lets get those pics up with the new tank!

Has anyone had a chance to check fit with a steering stabilizer? I'm running the GPR V-4 on my 300 and my son has the Motosportz on his 250.

Has anyone had a chance to check fit with a steering stabilizer? I'm running the GPR V-4 on my 300 and my son has the Motosportz on his 250.

Sorry to deviate but what does your son think of the motosportz and has he had any other steering damper that he can compare to?
Thanks Mark

Sorry to deviate but what does your son think of the motosportz and has he had any other steering damper that he can compare to?
Thanks Mark
He's had them all at one time or another. He likes the Motosportz and feels it works really well 95% of the time. He wishes it would handle the bigger hits a little better (we do alot of high speed desert washes with buried rocks), but it handles everything else really well and has been trouble and leak free for almost a year now.

OK, back on topic. I really want one of these tanks, has anybody checked fitment with the aforementioned steering stabilizers???

Berkyboy? Wannabe? Any input here? I'm sure someone considered this before the tank was finalized. I need 2 of them, just want to make sure they will work with the stabilizers first.

Thanks

Clarke Tank Fitment

OK, I'll try to keep this short and precise. Keep in mind I'm not the photographer, Steve is so could my pics be blury? Yep, probably.

The new tank WILL fit the 2010 exactly with the exception of one thing.

Clarke designed the new tank with two "L" brackets that screw into the tank underneath the frame. These brackets are to hold the tank in place instead of the bolt up top by the clamps and the tank strap at the back. Works great on the 07-09, BUT!!!! In 2010 GasGas's new frame design has the ignition coil going vertically on the right side instead of all the other years when it was horizontal. This switch has made the bracket position directly behind the wires and coil on the 2010. With some more patience, you maybe able to attache behind coil...with more patience. I attached the left side and with the seat secure, radiator shrouds secure, the tank isn't going to jump around.

All bolts lined right up, but the top of the shrouds are pushed out from the extra tank and the tabs won't reach to the radaitor (this is on 07-2010). I am sure with a heat gun you can form your shrouds to a cleaner fit.

Also, there is only 3 cm of room between the tank and the weld on the top of the frame/steering colum. About 3 1/2 cm from tank to steering stem and less than 3 from tank to dust cap.

Tank is 3.2, haven't measured to find out yet exact capacity, but a nice tank and a clean fit actually with directions on the "L" brackets, Clarke's own larger bolts are phillips like they have been in the past but the bolts for the "L" brackets are 10mm hex head.

Pics are in the members gallery!

Will try to fit a 125 this weekend, keep you posted. Next up, EXP Rekluse clutch! Had a great conversation with Rekluse today....

Clarke makes such nice tanks. I have always been very satisfied with every Clarke Tank I have ever purchased (6 different bikes and counting.)

Jeff
Webmaster
GasGas Riders Club

Thanks for the photos Mark.

It looks like you can use the '07-'09 radiator shrouds on the '01 bikes. This may allow for a cleaner fit.

For the shrouds, add an LTR GP brace through the top mount grommets. Now get a vibration isolator used on the lower pipe mount. Thread the M6 stud into the LTR brace. Now, cut the tit off the shroud and drill an M6 clearance hole to mathh the hole in the isolator. Use a 10mm M6 bolt and fender washer to retain the shroud. You may have to add washers behind the isolator to adjust fit.

You can also attach the isolator to other rad guards/braces for the same result.

I've been doing this on my last two bikes with the stock tank and it makes the shrouds much more durable and less likely to be torn off up top. The isolator will flex and not crack the shroud in minor impacts.

Back