Docs Thirsty Bike Discussion

8.34L/100km is real good, it won't get better then this.
what's your current squish?

I reduced the squish by just swapping heads. With the standard head I measured 2.05mm squish and with the GP head it was 1.79mm. So it is currently 1.79 but I will go to probably 1.55. We'll see...

I reduced the squish by just swapping heads. With the standard head I measured 2.05mm squish and with the GP head it was 1.79mm. So it is currently 1.79 but I will go to probably 1.55. We'll see...

if you're going to get it adjusted, go for the best squish (if you also correct the compression).
i seem to have been lucky with only a thinner base gasket in my ec200. went from 1.2mm to 1mm and runs better now. not too high compression, no detonation...

To be honest I am very happy how the bike performs so I don't know when I will play with the head again. Its a beast now and I try to tame it a bit :D

Compared my mates ktm tpi fuel usage with my smart carbed 2018 300. I didn't record how far we rode but I think I used about half a tank of fuel for the ride so I'm guessing it would have been about 50km. His tpi ktm used 200ml less fuel so although they are more economical, he won't get any where near the mileage he expected. His was thinking 150km on a tank..

Back