Ec 300 2008

Hmm, so I will try 42 n3eg@2 180,I can't find 178. I like so much the power delivery of this needles. I saw only good things about CCK and CEK,but the consumption seams to be less efficient.

I did not find the CCK dramatically less efficient. Maybe 10% more fuel.

Be methodical. Make one change at a time with intent to address a specific throttle position.

Given that clip position is 1) easy to change, and 2) covers the broadest range of throttle.. this is where I would start.

For my conditions clip 4 would be too rich, however your temps are much lower and its safer to go rich first. I'd try moving only the needle to position 4. Ride and test. If it improves go richer again.. if not move leaner and see if you see improvement.

Update: In 4 position is too rich in 1/2-wot but I feel the engine more powerful,I will try 178 main. Also I saw the best position for as is more then 2.5 out,so 38 seams to be the spot.

Can someone measure those N3EG, NECJ and similar common needles, used in 300's.
left stock N1EF, right CEK

Attachments

• 2016-02-28-0093.jpg
    2016-02-28-0093.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 55
Update: 38 n3eg@4 178. Very snappy response,little bit lean on pilot jet,but with 40 will bogg. And,off course ,less torque with 38. So with n3eg in @3 position will be lean after 1/2 ,with @4 position will be ok after 1/2 but is difficult to finde good combination with the pilot jets. So I will try 42 n3eg @2 178. I have also n3ch,is lean but in @4 position with 40 and 178 will run more clean and no hesitation,I guess :)

Update: 38 n3eg@4 178. Very snappy response,little bit lean on pilot jet,but with 40 will bogg. And,off course ,less torque with 38. So with n3eg in @3 position will be lean after 1/2 ,with @4 position will be ok after 1/2 but is difficult to finde good combination with the pilot jets. So I will try 42 n3eg @2 178. I have also n3ch,is lean but in @4 position with 40 and 178 will run more clean and no hesitation,I guess :)

Perfect plan.

N3CH#4 will put your tapers half way between N3EG#4 and N3EG#3. I wouldn't bother trying N3EG#2 if you're already lean above half throttle in clip pos 3.

Even if you end up using a 42 pilot with the N3CH#4 should be OK.. and if you realise you do need a bit more fuel can always order a N3CG and use that.

Quick update: 42 n3ch@4 178= clean power,no hesitation,no rich sensation just pulls from idle to wot. Anyway I will order n3cg just see if I can get a bit more power but no bogging or hesitation,no very strong hit like EG. I'm happy with this combo. It's still cold outside. I want to remove the reed spacer,I lose the torque if I do that?

Small update: my current settings: 42 N3CH@4 180 I'm happy with this settings but I want to try another needle witch is N3CG, so if my bike run ok with this combo,when I swap CG needle witch position will be ok? 4th position end 40 pilot?temperature :10C-20C ,elev: 500m-1300m( needle is richer then n3ch but I need to keep @4 position because if I go up I fall in lean side after 1/2 - Wot. )

Small update: my current settings: 42 N3CH@4 180 I'm happy with this settings but I want to try another needle witch is N3CG, so if my bike run ok with this combo,when I swap CG needle witch position will be ok? 4th position end 40 pilot?temperature :10C-20C ,elev: 500m-1300m( needle is richer then n3ch but I need to keep @4 position because if I go up I fall in lean side after 1/2 - Wot. )

I'd change the needle and ride it the way you have it setup with the H diameter to get a baseline feel for it. You may find just opening up the airscrew a touch with the G diameter will make the difference. Since diameter generally affects 1/8 -1/4 throttle openings bring a 40 pilot with you to experiment with.

I put n3cg@4 with the same settings (with N3CH@4) first impression,idle much better,more stable,idle normal not very low how gas gas usually do. So for a short ride ,500m ,looks good,I will keep same jets for one ride. If the idle is so beautiful I think the pilot jet is correct.

13-52 we usually use 2,3gear so is ok or the best in some situations. Soon I will upload a short video from last race,to see why I like this combination.

This is very low, for extremes. I had 13/50 with good results, a bit short for transfers.

Went 13/48 yesterday for testing, stock setup, and it really shows carb faults, as it extends gearbox and I get very slow transition on pipe, and drop rpm when upshifting. I have no issues with 13/50.

Still, husqvarna 449 is faster in rolling start.
I think there is still some power waiting in the carb settings.

Where do you buy your needles?

I have used 13-49 13-50 but 52 on rear is best option for my terrain and riding style. And I like this combination because I feel the clutch less abused on gnarly situations.

Needles I find on local enduro shop. Suzuki needle is a bit hard to find in this part.

Yah,I remove the video from YT from mistake. Anyway I'm working on long version video from last race.

NECF For me is a bit too rich. I'm planning to try some Suzy needle ,like NECG.

Currently using N3EG #3, PJ 35, MJ 178. Close to perfect.
Still rich down low, revs nice, good mid hit.

Need to try it in slow, steep, slippery twisty terrain, but it is dry now. It might be a bit to lively for throttle control, but it can move forward at incredibly low rpm without stalling.
Power wise, it seems like cheating mode is enabled.

#2 seems too lean, #4 burbles.

Back