Extended idle or fuel screw

super_rat

Anyone know who makes an extended fuel and/or idle adjustment screw for the 38 mm PWK? I'd like to be able to adjust both without tools.

If I can't find them I'll probably modify the stockers.

Thanks

The RB Designs screw is VERY nice and I have one but if you look he will only sell it to you if he's doing the carb mods as well. I guess it wouldn't hurt to call and ask though.

Zip-Ty racing also makes one.

Skidad

Thanks. I'll order one from Zip Ty. Don't want to have to do $165 in carb work for an idle screw!

Good for you :)

I do sell the "IDLE" screw (the one for raising the slide) for the PWK carbs. It is a genuine Keihin metal screw (plated steel) for $7.00 plus shipping and handling (to anyone).

Sorry for not wanting to sell the RB Design “mixture” screw that I make in house. The mixture screw on the stock carb is not that responsive as the carb circuitry and set up will not allow much of a change.

My mixture screw is not a magic cure for the other corrections needed to make it worth while. I hope your new mixture screw does what you want it to do. Please let us know how your new Zip Ty works.

Ron

Finally got a pic of the Zip Ty extended air screw. Works well. Easy adjustment with no tools. If you get one you need the "short reach".
IMG_0027.jpg

Super Rat,

If I remember correctly you have an 07 300? I see a yellow spring in the picture. Did your bike come with an Ohlins shock? Mine has the Sachs.

Oh, I have an extra Zip Ty extended fuel screw I will sell if anyone is interested. I now use the RB Designs one.

Back