GasGas Motos hires new sales manager for US market

Good luck in your new position Rod. As a former Senior Quality Assurance Engineer with 18 years of experience in manufacturing environments, and as purchaser of a 2011 GG 250 and 2012 GG 300, I sincerely hope the Spaniards step up their quality programs.
I still have the 2011. I love the bike despite a few quirks. However the 2012 was the most regrettable motorcycle purchase I've ever done, with the exception of a used Kawasaki F7 I bought back in the day. There were so many avoidable mistakes on that one motorcycle from design to manufacturing and workmanship, I would think long and hard before I'd buy another.
GasGas has a lot of work to do.

I'm hoping GasGas makes more of a showing out west? Really need to show these guys that a gasgas can run in the desert!

+1
I think its tuff for anyone who has never ridden the desert, or only one type of terrain, to understand what the desert is and what it has to offer.
I was born and raised and rode in the slime back east.
My GG is wonderful in the desert.
But it also true that if youre just doing some high speed race with wooped out truck rodes the GG might not be best. Neither would a KX500 or CR500.
For that riding a Husaberg big bore four stroke rules. I can fly on my 650 berg at speeds that even my CR500 cant dream of.
But aside from that the GG is great out west. Some of these rags dont really 'ride' the desert imho.

Good Luck to all the new players.

I know its expensive but the U.S. is hooked on advertising. People love to see ads and also read about what they just bought or about what they are buying or want to buy. Its a big game and sometimes you just have to put your gloves on and get out there! I can't say that I hate the rags out here but sometime they are a bit biased. But one thing is for sure I would love to open a mag up and see a big ol' ad for gasgas. And also start seeing them in the stats for races covered by those same mags. Just my thoughts from a working class american who buys dirt bikes!

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
+1

I think its tuff for anyone who has never ridden the desert, or only one type of terrain, to understand what the desert is and what it has to offer.

I was born and raised and rode in the slime back east.

My GG is wonderful in the desert.

But it also true that if youre just doing some high speed race with wooped out truck rodes the GG might not be best. Neither would a KX500 or CR500.

For that riding a Husaberg big bore four stroke rules. I can fly on my 650 berg at speeds that even my CR500 cant dream of.

But aside from that the GG is great out west. Some of these rags dont really 'ride' the desert imho.

Good Luck to all the new players.

Dirt bike and Dirt Rider both ride the desert because they are based in LA. The difference is Tom Webb and the guys at Dirt Bike actually grew up riding desert and single track in the desert. The newish guys at Dirt Rider are guys who basically ride the tracks and then throw in single track here and there . That being said, Tom Webb and the guys at Dirt Bike actually like GasGas 300's and they way they are in the desert . But I will say having owned many 4T's. There are no 2T's other than the CR500 and KX500 that feel as planted as a 4T flying across the desert. The Gas Gas can hold its own very easily in the West. They just need to be represented the same as KTM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I know its expensive but the U.S. is hooked on advertising. People love to see ads and also read about what they just bought or about what they are buying or want to buy. Its a big game and sometimes you just have to put your gloves on and get out there! I can't say that I hate the rags out here but sometime they are a bit biased. But one thing is for sure I would love to open a mag up and see a big ol' ad for gasgas. And also start seeing them in the stats for races covered buy the mags. Just my thoughts from a working class american who buys dirt bikes!

I agree!

First off I'll say Thank GOD they picked you Rod to head up sales here in the US. Clay left an really big pair of shoes to fill so I'm tickled they picked someone like him to carry on - best of luck. Now if you're headed down to Alabama later this year let me suggest a 2015 demo ride at 7 Springs Resort in Nov. when they have the 3 day ride. Last year there was well over 200 riders and no demo rides. This is my favorite ride weekend and it is finally starting to get really popular - attendance was up by almost 50% from the year before. If it grows by that much this year attendance will top 300 riders. Seven Springs rocks both literally and figuratively!!!!

I know its expensive but the U.S. is hooked on advertising. People love to see ads and also read about what they just bought or about what they are buying or want to buy. Its a big game and sometimes you just have to put your gloves on and get out there! I can't say that I hate the rags out here but sometime they are a bit biased. But one thing is for sure I would love to open a mag up and see a big ol' ad for gasgas. And also start seeing them in the stats for races covered by those same mags. Just my thoughts from a working class american who buys dirt bikes!

Bad press hurts too. People aren't going to buy the bikes if the mags say they weigh 275 lbs. I hear that statement over and over again.

Congrats Rod and best of luck with your new position. I spoke to Rod on the phone before I purchased my first GG (2010 GG 300) I knew nothing about GG and he filled me in on the brand. He also tried to steer me towards a 250 and I should have listened a little better as I'm more of a midrange rider than a luger. Anyway, I think Rod will be good for GG and hopefully with help from GG take things up from here.

Congrats Rod and best of luck with your new position. I spoke to Rod on the phone before I purchased my first GG (2010 GG 300) I knew nothing about GG and he filled me in on the brand. He also tried to steer me towards a 250 and I should have listened a little better as I'm more of a midrange rider than a luger. Anyway, I think Rod will be good for GG and hopefully with help from GG take things up from here.
Ha, yes...I still remember our conversation. Good times John, and thanks for your support and encouragment.

First off I'll say Thank GOD they picked you Rod to head up sales here in the US. Clay left an really big pair of shoes to fill so I'm tickled they picked someone like him to carry on - best of luck. Now if you're headed down to Alabama later this year let me suggest a 2015 demo ride at 7 Springs Resort in Nov. when they have the 3 day ride. Last year there was well over 200 riders and no demo rides. This is my favorite ride weekend and it is finally starting to get really popular - attendance was up by almost 50% from the year before. If it grows by that much this year attendance will top 300 riders. Seven Springs rocks both literally and figuratively!!!!
Thanks old friend, I appreciate your kind words! Yeah buddy....it seems I have always gotten close to having an event at 7 Springs on 3 different occasions but something always got in the way. My friends Fred Andrews and Craig Morgan speaks very highly of the place, and now with you beating the drum...we need to make something happen down there in Nov. Thanks Gasser!!!

Why does this name ring a bell? Can someone fill in the blanks for me.

I feel like I should recognize this name, but cant quite place it. I see Kentucky and wonder if this is the guy that sold those treaded bar inserts for barkbusters???

Anyways it is reassuring to see other people in the Gas Gas community recognize Mr.Overstreet and seem stoked that he's at the helm.
Welcome aboard and congratulations!

Why does this name ring a bell? Can someone fill in the blanks for me.

I feel like I should recognize this name, but cant quite place it. I see Kentucky and wonder if this is the guy that sold those treaded bar inserts for barkbusters???

Anyways it is reassuring to see other people in the Gas Gas community recognize Mr.Overstreet and seem stoked that he's at the helm.
Welcome aboard and congratulations!
Nope...wasn't me, but thanks for the welcome!

BTW, I see you are a customer of Halls...I dropped by there today and hung out with Jay for awhile. Good people there in Springfield!

Speaking of Halls...anyone with an older GG, trying to locate those hard to find plastics, pipes, pipe guards, etc, I saw the mother load of this stuff in the back room, bet he has what you need!

BTW, I see you are a customer of Halls...I dropped by there today and hung out with Jay for awhile. Good people there in Springfield!

Speaking of Halls...anyone with an older GG, trying to locate those hard to find plastics, pipes, pipe guards, etc, I saw the mother load of this stuff in the back room, bet he has what you need!

Are they willing to deal to get rid of some I could sur use a pipe and plastic

Yeah, not only do they race what they sell, but they are very active in our District 17 and other facets of motorcycling. Have always been impressed with the small minority of parts they have to special order for me, (one of the perks of owning a Gas Gas or Husky BTW) and the top shelf customer service is always appreciated.

Rod Overstreet; Speaking of Halls...anyone with an older GG said:
Thanks for the heads up. I'm puting my 2001 xc300 in a bike show, and would love to show it with new plastic instead of my cobbled Kawi rear, Suzuki front, rattle can (textured silver) shrouds... It looks ratty but purposeful.

Rear fender is hard to find. Radiator shrouds are prohibitive at the obvious source. Maybe I'll get lucky.

Good Luck, Rod!

https://www.neam.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1291

Attachments

• trackside in east durham ny.jpg
    trackside in east durham ny.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Back