GG TX Randonne 200

I have been riding 34 years this year. I just can't wrap my head around how building entry level machines could ruin off-road riding. It doesn't mean KTM or GasGas will stop manufacturing race machines. It just means more options for different skill levels or riding style.

I will give you a for instance...

I have my wife on a GG250f with a kouba link and the front end down in the triple clamps. Needless to say it doesn't handle as it should.

She had a 150f, 230f, KX100, and some quads. Yet there is no bike out there that fits what she wants. I even took a 230 and put a works shock and crf250 suspension on it.

She can ride beyond the 230f (The KX100 was just a bad idea even with a flywheel weight) and the 230 was real heavy to pick up now that she is in her 50's. The GG is better but messing with the suspension to get the seat height it doesn't handle the way it should. She continues to march on because she wants to be with the family.

I would LOVE to get her a capable off road bike that was about 220-230 pounds. Electric start with a 33-34" seat height. It just isn't out there.

Oddly enough the AJP MAY have something with the PR3 but that is yet to be seen.

During my brief visit to the hills of TN with Gasser we talked bikes for 2 days and both came to the conclusion that there is a market for a vehicle like that. Shoot, in 7 or so years I may want something like that.

Oh and by the way I would be willing to pay to get it, and I am POSITIVE I know other husbands that would too. If Momma is riding the whole family gets to ride, but I have seen it in our club all too often if the wife does not ride something eventually they drop their membership because they are too busy with other things. I think I could make the arguement that some trail capable lightweight bikes with lower seat height could rejuvenate the sales of motorcycles and offroading in general...because then you are buying for the whole family.

Forgiven-Noobi
You can still do all that today.

Just about everything made in China now.
Many companies who used to make a quality product,forget the price are gone.
They do not exist,and in this economy they aren't coming back.
Quality is down,price remains the same or climbs.
Less for more.

You'll be buying your dirtbikes from Walmart in the future.
The consumer decides.

The guy on the bike in the video nailed it.

Forgiven one more thing.
The past is relative to the future in all things.

Have you noticed that America in general is unfit these days as opposed to 20 years ago and more.Look at old race pictures.Motocross back in the day,enduro the old gncc guys.Don't just look at the racers look at the people in the crowd.A fitter more athletic generation.Fast forward 20 years.
Do you notice that kids hardly play outside anymore.
Rather be on the computer,text or play video games?
Its about trend.

Don't get wound up,if you think that's nonsense if it sounds like I'm making all that up and absolutey no truth at all to it great.

Make an argument on the topic.
No reason to go crazy on a guy.
Different mentalities not a big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgasser300 View Post
This is a dumb argument!

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

LOL, pretty much!

I agree...however :)

Sweeper-reread your post and your last reply.

There is MORE quality right now in motorcycles than there ever has been in the past. I have a 2006 YZ250f (loved that 5 valve motor) with over 150 hours and have only inspected the valves. I am now putting a top end in the GG300 at close to 300 hours.

Cheap junk will come and go and they will be at walmart. There is always going to be industry leaders and you will pay for quality.

I will give you a for instance...

I have my wife on a GG250f with a kouba link and the front end down in the triple clamps. Needless to say it doesn't handle as it should.

She had a 150f, 230f, KX100, and some quads. Yet there is no bike out there that fits what she wants. I even took a 230 and put a works shock and crf250 suspension on it.

She can ride beyond the 230f (The KX100 was just a bad idea even with a flywheel weight) and the 230 was real heavy to pick up now that she is in her 50's. The GG is better but messing with the suspension to get the seat height it doesn't handle the way it should. She continues to march on because she wants to be with the family.

I would LOVE to get her a capable off road bike that was about 220-230 pounds. Electric start with a 33-34" seat height. It just isn't out there.

Oddly enough the AJP MAY have something with the PR3 but that is yet to be seen.

During my brief visit to the hills of TN with Gasser we talked bikes for 2 days and both came to the conclusion that there is a market for a vehicle like that. Shoot, in 7 or so years I may want something like that.

Oh and by the way I would be willing to pay to get it, and I am POSITIVE I know other husbands that would too. If Momma is riding the whole family gets to ride, but I have seen it in our club all too often if the wife does not ride something eventually they drop their membership because they are too busy with other things. I think I could make the arguement that some trail capable lightweight bikes with lower seat height could rejuvenate the sales of motorcycles and offroading in general...because then you are buying for the whole family.

HM Honda has something that will work, me thinks. Getting one here in the States is another story.

2T and 4T versions. Kick or estart.

Video: 1:10 he hits the estart

http://www.hmmoto.it/it/prodotti/CRE-Six-Comp-2T-13#

CRE_125_2T_Six_Rosso_6.jpg

estart 2T

CRE125_2T_Baja_RR_Bianco_10.jpg

I see quality products disappearing quite rapidly actually.Many industry leaders in that mix.These "lower lines" offered by established quality manufacturers in many cases is the beginning of the end for that manufacturer.

The crap remains the same.

I have been riding 34 years this year. I just can't wrap my head around how building entry level machines could ruin off-road riding. It doesn't mean KTM or GasGas will stop manufacturing race machines. It just means more options for different skill levels or riding style.

Bingo.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion sweeper - try to remember when deriding the comments from someone else.

Bingo.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion sweeper - try to remember when deriding the comments from someone else.

Wat?
I don't know what you are talking about.Nobody bashed your opinion.
Forgiven completely misquoted me when he played the billy bad ass racer
from the 90s card.Then went on with the this guy and that guy rant.

I said "offroad rider/racer"
As a marketing guy you recognize historical perspective being a key element in trend.
I assume that?
One example.
In 1995 it would have been hard to predict that in 10 years or so the CR 250
and the KDX 200 would be gone.

Did you catch that Coop?

Last edited:
For the record I don't believe I am a bad ass racer, perhaps a bad racer (meaning not good).

I apologize for allowing this thread to get so far off topic. I should have taken a different course of action and obviously it struck a nerve with me.

I will strive to do better in the future.

Wat?
I don't know what you are talking about.Nobody bashed your opinion.

Not concerned about my opinion being bashed or questioned, I simply posted a reminder about respecting what others have said. I've been on forums long enough to realize arguing in this medium is pointless.

Continue to believe that the last thing this sport needs is more fluff or major manufacturers building and marketing a crap bike niche - you're fully entitled to think so.

Its important to note that I do not take the maniac video at face value.
The bike was dead before he loaded it up.

I believe it was a staged scenario.
But for me,it sends a clearer picture.

This guy is an extremely unhappy customer.

Back