GGMNA acquires OEM parts from Gofasters

Mark Berg - CPD

Site Sponsor
GasGas Motos Spain announces the acquisition of the OEM parts for the enduro line from GoFasters Powersports.

Starting November 1st, 2014 the OEM parts under GoFasters Powersports will become the sole property of GasGas Motos North America and distribution will then be outsourced to GoFasters.

"This is another big step in the new direction for GasGas Motos North America" Mark Berg stated. "We have been the interim distributor since 2007 and are excited to help GasGas restructure in the US to provide the dealer and customer alike the best options possible.

Its a great direction to get our dealers involved and keep them involved with the GasGas customer. The new dealer to dealer platform from Digabit along with many other changes will help our GasGas loyal dealers take care of the customers needs better on a more local level.

The logistics of the new subsidiary controlling both the enduro bike distribution along with OEM parts, garments, and accessories will lower the costs to the consumer and increase availability!

Effective Nov 1st, when calling Gofasters for OEM parts, we will help direct the customer to a qualified dealer nearest you and help make the transition an easy one.

Will Gofasters continue to source accessories such as the S3 products?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What if we want to order something and have it shipped to our house?

I'm all for supporting local business when it makes sense, but I generally don't want to make a 2 hour round trip just to pick something up at a dealer.

Other than that, lower prices and greater availability are a nice thing!

All that means is that you will order through a dealer. Most dealers will ship. We order and ship same day for instance.

Do you call up KTM Corporate and order parts or do you order through a dealer?

I just go for a trail ride and pick bits up that have fallen off others bikes ;)

Seriously though, having the factory own the parts will take some financial contraints off Go Fasters and allow them to carry more inventory. This can only translate into a better result for the end user.

It seems people are quick to complain about lack of dealer involvement, and just as quick to complain about having to deal with them.

The main objective as a rider, is simply having a good parts availability and reasonable prices, and I don't think that will change.

Do you call up KTM Corporate and order parts or do you order through a dealer?

I don't call anyone. I pull up RMATVMC in the browser, click on the parts fiche and add to cart. I do the same with GoFasters. I have done this through a GasGas dealer in the past and although the pricing was good, it took three times longer to receive my order.

Steve, your hours are funky enough that you may become my go to guy after the transition has taken place.

Will the new parts fiche software offer web based ordering through a dealer?

I don't call anyone. I pull up RMATVMC in the browser, click on the parts fiche and add to cart. I do the same with GoFasters. I have done this through a GasGas dealer in the past and although the pricing was good, it took three times longer to receive my order.

Steve, your hours are funky enough that you may become my go to guy after the transition has taken place.

This right here. My dealer is a great human being and I support his business when possible/practical but having him relay or drop ship me parts would take weeks and cost more.

Being able to log onto RMATV/MC and get exactly what I want within three days with zero human interaction makes owning KTMs almost tolerable.

This will be make or break. I don't have time to call anyone and wait an extended time for parts. Besides my dealer is 150 miles away and every time I deal with him, he tries to charge me 150% of retail. This is somewhat unrealistic because there isn't a GG dealer in every town or every area,nor will there be,unlike KTM. I like my GG but I'm not going to put up with more shenanigans to ride one. Just my two cents. I'll see how this works out.

I'm in the Houston TX area, we have not had a GasGas dealer since 1999.

There are many GG dealers that will ship me parts within days.
Many of them sponsor this web site.
Give them a try.

I don't even know what a GasGas dealer or a new bike looks like...other than what I see in pictures........when I did order parts it was through the great folks at GoFasters and Hall's.

I have about every brand except for GG and Sherco within 50 miles or closer ......but RMATVMC and Motosports outlet do make it nice ordering parts via interweb for my Yamaha.

Ordering parts from across the country has been second nature for me for so long that I don't think this will make any difference.

Last edited:
This right here. My dealer is a great human being and I support his business when possible/practical but having him relay or drop ship me parts would take weeks and cost more.

Being able to log onto RMATV/MC and get exactly what I want within three days with zero human interaction makes owning KTMs almost tolerable.

Same boat here. Might be a good thing I picked up a Husaberg recently.
If I need parts it could be a while before I have time during business hours to call a dealer to order parts. I also kind of have a rule that I avoid doing business with businesses that I can't order things/communicate with via the web.

How did you guys survive before the internet? Some may want to re-think your hobby? I've read some really stupid complaints in this thread then I have in a long time....... All this petty complaining is joke, I've had a dealer hand deliver me parts on three occasions, and once at a race 4 hrs. outta town. Mark from Gofasters also brought me my order and dropped at my hotel in Vegas last year. And I have NEVER had to wait more then three days for any part I order from Steve Beane. And most of the time I order from him its a simple text message away and he sends me a paypal invoice.

You guys knew Dang well RMATV has never carried GasGas parts so that argument is moot!!!!

I've also got this rule of thumb I live by, never trust a guy in a tunic!

To much spent worrying about tomorrow when today has it's own worries.

I didn't even ride motorcycles before the internet, shoot I was barely even alive before the internet. :D

Of course it is petty complaining about a luxury hobby, but owning a these bikes, as great as they are, has enough roadblocks.

I never implied RMATVMC carried GG parts, but wanted to illustrate that being able to get parts in that fashion with that level of service is the gold standard.

I'm not anti dealer and I've had them help me out a ton in a bind but to be stuck with relying on what is local is not an improvement IMO.

This is especially true if you live in the boonies like I do and all the close dealers are also in the boonies.

Business on the web is the future, GG would be wise to recognize that.

On a brand that is already tough to own, this just makes it harder. Now if I have a local dealer with out of line prices I have to price shop by calling other dealers? Pass.

I love my 300 but I may need to go the 250f route after all. Unfortunate that I just put about a grand into it. I would hate to get rid of it since it is the most unique looking bike and now I will feel like a lemming on something else.

Awesome

I can see how this extra tier may seem like a step backwards or an issue for those who don't have a local dealer. I still prefer having items shipped to me direct rather than having to drive and pick things up (particularly if I have to order, and then wait).

The Australian distributer, as far as I know/have been told, has been looking at setting up an online store with inventory, etc but realises he cannot simply cut out the dealer network altogether. How he intends to work around that, I'm not sure.

But.. from a business perspective, this could be an option Gofasters/Gas Gas North America could look into. They should have complete inventory control anyway, and then when checking out perhaps the buyer selects their nominated dealer and some kind of loyalties (difference between their cost and discounted retail) is passed on. That way the dealer is making money for jam, the buyer still gets a small saving through a web front, and Gas Gas is moving parts in the easiest, most direct, method. Big $$$ involved in setup, but could return a nice slice too. After all, whats easier than placing an order and waiting for it to arrive?

I can see how this extra tier may seem like a step backwards or an issue for those who don't have a local dealer. I still prefer having items shipped to me direct rather than having to drive and pick things up (particularly if I have to order, and then wait).

The Australian distributer, as far as I know/have been told, has been looking at setting up an online store with inventory, etc but realises he cannot simply cut out the dealer network altogether. How he intends to work around that, I'm not sure.

But.. from a business perspective, this could be an option Gofasters/Gas Gas North America could look into. They should have complete inventory control anyway, and then when checking out perhaps the buyer selects their nominated dealer and some kind of loyalties (difference between their cost and discounted retail) is passed on. That way the dealer is making money for jam, the buyer still gets a small saving through a web front, and Gas Gas is moving parts in the easiest, most direct, method. Big $$$ involved in setup, but could return a nice slice too. After all, whats easier than placing an order and waiting for it to arrive?

Subaru is doing an online system for parts through the dealers now. I can go to my dealer webpage, clink a link to the "eparts store" then browse the Subaru Corporate fiche, place the items in the cart, pay, then the have the parts shipped. The eparts are discounted from MSRP across the board. Its simple, its fast and Subaru is selling a lot more parts which means more $$$$$ for Subaru and the dealer.

Last edited:
I'm still not sure what the problem is with this? Why dont you guys wait and see if it is a problem first before labeling it one? Or not, if you're looking for an excuse to buy a different brand. I've seen that happen more then once!

While some of it is downright complaining I don't see a problem with constructive criticism and consumer feadback.

By posting the plan in a public forum I had the idea it was up for discussion. I raised some potential concerns I had with the plan hoping for either a:

"Don't worry, that won't be an issue."

or

"Gee we didn't consider that."

or

"So what deal with it."

perhaps having a discussion about potential issues could nip them in the bud before they become one.

It's kind of a bummer gofasters or GGNA hasn't posted any sort of response at this point.

Back